Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NBC Coverage of Grand Prix Final - December 8, 2013

Custom Title

NBC Coverage of Grand Prix Final - December 8, 2013

NBC is showing Oda's FS now. Meryl and Charlie should be on the broadcast too !!! I am thrilled.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetskates1 View Post
    NBC is showing Oda's FS now. Meryl and Charlie should be on the broadcast too !!! I am thrilled.
    Hi, SS.
    Don't remember whether you're the one who has started previous NBC threads. In any case, a friendly suggestion for next time:
    If you're putting the thread in The Edge, I think that the thread title should include the name of the competition -- Rostelecom, GPF, or whatever -- both for posterity, and out of respect for our friends outside the U.S. who are keeping track of other competitions. Thanks.

Custom Title
    Great idea golden411! Um.. how can I edit the title of the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Hi, SS.
    Don't remember whether you're the one who has started previous NBC threads. In any case, a friendly suggestion for next time:
    If you're putting the thread in The Edge, I think that the thread title should include the name of the competition -- Rostelecom, GPF, or whatever -- both for posterity, and out of respect for our friends outside the U.S. who are keeping track of other competitions. Thanks.

skating philosopher
    Patrick just said he "let Hanyu win this one." Oh Patrick... I love your programs but ...

Custom Title
    pftt...

Commentator called D/W the clear OGM favorites and called their 1.35 point win over V/M convincing... what a load of ...

D/W are so great that when they have a good performance like they did at the GPF we expect sublime. I did not think this performance was sublime. I actually think it was 'cleaner' than at NHK but not as impressive.

Chan was interviewed and he mentioned having won enough GPF to be able to appreciate the smaller things. He is confident he will win the Olympics.

Custom Title
    Trash talkin'! Everyone's doing it--even the color commentators!

Custom Title
    The more I see Elena Radinova's Long program - the more I hate it.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Trash talkin'! Everyone's doing it--even the color commentators!
    Haha.

Custom Title
    I have to agree. She is lovely and talented but that program is inappropriate and unwatchable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Amei View Post
    The more I see Elena Radinova's Long program - the more I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Patrick just said he "let Hanyu win this one." Oh Patrick... I love your programs but ...
    Despicable! One of the reasons I detest Patrick Chan; if anyone deserves to lose the Olympics, it's him! He's said a lot of horrible things in interviews, disrespecting Plushenko, etc., but this one takes the cake!

Custom Title
    Julia is good but there are at least five other skaters I would rather see on the podium. She is not great yet.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    Despicable! One of the reasons I detest Patrick Chan; if anyone deserves to lose the Olympics, it's him! He's said a lot of horrible things in interviews, disrespecting Plushenko, etc., but this one takes the cake!
    This not only disrespects Hanyu, but all the competitors of the GP series, there are only 6 spots in the final, if you're not going to skate your all then stay home and let someone else have your spot.

Custom Title
    Bored watching Ashley ..... Johnny thinks that the audience did not connect with her FP performance.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    pftt...

Commentator called D/W the clear OGM favorites and called their 1.35 point win over V/M convincing... what a load of ...

D/W are so great that when they have a good performance like they did at the GPF we expect sublime. I did not think this performance was sublime. I actually think it was 'cleaner' than at NHK but not as impressive. ...
    Agree with your complaints against Schlanger after showing Davis/White's FD.
    Virtue/Moir broke D/W's world records in both the SD and FD ... and then D/W broke both of V/M's minutes-old WRs.
    Although D/W are Americans and NBC is an American network, shame on Schlanger for ignoring the real take-home message of the GPF dance competition: the rivalry btwn D/W and V/M is very much alive.

On a different subject: glad that NBC acknowledged the pairs competition this time.

And thanks to SS and to the mods for getting the thread title changed.

Bored watching Ashley ..... Johnny thinks that the audience did not connect with her FP performance.
    not surprised - I was at TEB and her gala performance was the most boring skate I ever witnessed.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast