What changes (if any) should Yuna make to her new programs? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What changes (if any) should Yuna make to her new programs?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I love her dynamic choreo last year. I love Lark, but this Les Mis was amazing LP. I wish she could have re-used it. Her SP grows on me-her look is flawless-no changes there.

YuNa had to leave korea as we all know to train in peace. She has 1 million views on her new programs. I was told by someone saavy that that 80% are from korea. Also PSY holds the highest number of internet video views I read, like 1 billion-around the world, but all this uber fandom does scare her. She has to have a large security detail, no matter where she goes. While most fans likely want autograph, she has had people really scare her a lot from what I have read. I think her fans here range from respectful to in love with her, to obsessed. I have decided it isn't fair to be intimidated by a few, when most of her fans are good people.

A kind email made me realize you can't fight fire with fire, even if someone disrespectful attacks first. YuNa belongs to the skating world, and I am sad I will see her compete twice more. I am not an uber, and not Korean, so I can imagine how they must feel that she will not compete and win after Sochi. But I doubt she reads these boards. Undoubtedly her PR team would read legitimate press about her in Korea and around the world.

I think she will likely be happy to step back after retirement and decide what to do. She will leave a huge gap. I hope for her fan's sake, she will be able to nurture (pay for) training if she finds girls or boys with talent. Other than that, I wish for her to be more involved in her charity work. Like Jolie, she can use her beauty and fame and money to accomplish things far more important to many people than even 2 OGMs if she does win. I just hope those who are OTT will forgive her if she gets silver. I know she is concerned, and I recall her huge stress previous to Vancouver about her popularity at home without gold.

I think it is normal for the top seeded skater in the world to generate many threads on a skating board. I hope her fans become fans of others. YuNa and the Japanese are really keeping the sport going. I wonder how much Mao's retirement will affect Japanese fandom? I suspect not too much since they have had a few decades of awesome skaters in singles.

There is always a price to be paid if you are rich and famous, and she pays it too. That is what celebrity is all about. I really wish she had somehow managed to compete the GP series. Send in the clowns is a possible gem. It seems a shame to make a program, practice sevral hours a day and then not get to compete much.

I feel this about three great skaters who are injured as well, Korpi, Caro and Osmund. # of my other favorites.

Ven

Match Penalty
But still, I find the level of obsession rather disturbing and I'm not even the subject.

I'm going to guess you don't follow too many sports. There are countless number of sports forums on the internet, forums for your favorite teams, etc. The same thing happens, people cheer for their team and favorite players, but they also discuss play calling and how terrible certain players are, how they should have done this, or that, etc. How on earth is that 'creepy'?

Now just switch out team for (insert figure skater's name). They are athletes in the public eye, it's perfectly normal to comment about their performance, program, or whatever else you think about them. After all, that's what a forum is for. If fans didn't watch or discuss or bother to give a second thought, nobody would be competing in the first place. :)