Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mid season report card

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    I would like to see Marlie win the gold so they and Voir could both end up with 1 Gold, 1 Silver Olympic medals, and 2 Gold, 2 Silver World medals for this quad cycle, but then I'm a Libra and we have Issues with symmetry...

Custom Title
    I am kind of hoping V and M win just for justice for all those years Canada ended up with the short end of the stick ie Dubreil and Lauzon imho should have at least a world title and tand an Oly medal and then in the men I am not sure how or why Canada was really unlucky.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I am kind of hoping V and M win just for justice for all those years Canada ended up with the short end of the stick ie Dubreil and Lauzon imho should have at least a world title and tand an Oly medal and then in the men I am not sure how or why Canada was really unlucky.
    such a shallow reason
    then every other skater as much deserve a gold medal than V/M
    deprived of a chance to medal and podium in worlds at their peak careers

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    So then the gold should go to Tobias & Stagniunas of Lithuania because Drobiazko & Vanagas were even more at the wrong end of the judging stick than ever Dubrueil & Lauzon were. D&L were unable to skate the FD at the 2006 Olympics because of injury, not because of judging. At the 2002 Olympics, they would, of course, be behind Bourne & Kraatz, so bad placing had nothing to do with them not getting a gold medal there. And B&K didn't medal.

As a wish, that's fine-one can wish anything, but as a rationale (and Skater Boy, you stated that as a fact), that's some rather specious reasoning.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3