Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuna Kim compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8

Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    Ok sorry about it.

Minimum tech scores are valid for two seasons.
    OK thank you. There are ISU rules that do apply then, even if one is a WC. I'm very excited to see her programs and unfortunatelt w will only see them twice before Olympics. I wish she could have done the GP doubling her comp. schedule.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    LOL.

But realistically speaking, is Miki going to go? She has a bigger fish to fry in December, namely Nats. If she can't do well at Nats, it's over for her.
    Perhaps she thinks an extra competition would be useful. Surely the more Lutzes she gets out there, the more the judges at Japanese Nationals will believe in her.

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Not if they already earned the minimum from last season. If you recall, Yuna went to Worlds last year and I heard she got a decent score.
    What is the minimum TES? 15 and 30? It's not like Yuna has ever been in danger of not making these minimum scores anyway, even if the WC score didn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    That would be impossible, cooper!
    not really.. im not even a fan of her die fledermaus program nor giselle.. so not everything yuna does i will like it..

If She sticks with dynamic up tempo music, she'll be fine. I hope her sp is a tango type music with fire. I'd like to see her reprise Lark Ascending to see how she has matured. I did love that one. The music suited her so well. I have high expectations and wonder what Wilson will present to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    If She sticks with dynamic up tempo music, she'll be fine. I hope her sp is a tango type music with fire. I'd like to see her reprise Lark Ascending to see how she has matured. I did love that one. The music suited her so well. I have high expectations and wonder what Wilson will present to the world.
    Her music choices have already been announced, they are:
    SP - Send in the Clowns
    LP - Adios Nonino

Oh, thank you, thought it was still unknown. I like LP choice for her, smart move-not so sure about the SP tho-we'll see.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    What is the minimum TES? 15 and 30? It's not like Yuna has ever been in danger of not making these minimum scores anyway, even if the WC score didn't count.
    Minimum Technical Scores for ISU European and ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2014 and Olympic Winter Games 2014:
    LADIES SP 20.00 FS 36.00

(Source: ISU Communication No. 1801, which cites No. 1797)

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    not really.. im not even a fan of her die fledermaus program nor giselle.. so not everything yuna does i will like it..
    Interesting.

I didn't care for Die Fledgermaus or Miss Saigon. Her sophomore season was such a blah for me, and I was so disappointed. But her Danse & Scheherazade made up for it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Interesting.

I didn't care for Die Fledgermaus or Miss Saigon. Her sophomore season was such a blah for me, and I was so disappointed. But her Danse & Scheherazade made up for it.
    I liked Die Fledermaus and Miss Saigon, especially the latter, but wasn't a fan of her Scheherazade.

I wonder if her SP to Send in the Clowns will be similar to her Thais Meditation, which is my favorite. Can't guess what her Adios Nonino would look like.

You guys need to stop this before skateluvr has a heart attack. We Yuna-bots are supposed to regard every Yuna program as the greatest of all time. ;-)

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    You're in for a much bigger treat. Miki will do more than that. She will win Golden Spin, take the Japanese National title and then defeat the big three at the Olympics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    I asked for something interesting, not the apocalypse.
    This just made my morning.

I'm interested to see Yu-Na's programs. I was unimpressed with both programs last year so hopefully she'll go out with a creative bang in her final season.

I like both music choices so my fingers are crossed.

You guys need to stop this before skateluvr has a heart attack. We Yuna-bots are supposed to regard every Yuna program as the greatest of all time. ;-)

Not that invested but surprised several programs are not enjoyed as "great, LOL." I think Adios Nonino is up her alley. There is a 2 month old montage to YuNa to this music...u mean I beat the ubers to this, me just a regular YuNa Fan???? Incredible, for sure. Any way, this is kind of music I thought she needed.

I do not think her SP will be anything like Meditation. She popped her first jump in that, so surprising, but she worked very hard and it was interpreted well. I do not like her choice of SP music. It is too slow, not dynamic enough to showcase what she in so famous for. But last year's SP was forgettable when you consider she skated the best LP of her life. So, VANCOUVER WAS VERY SPECIAL IN that she had fun, great programs and skated them cleanly. That is what we want to see.

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    As skating music, Send in the Clowns always makes me think of this program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIGoWGjetog

Far from my favorite skater, but this is a performance of a lifetime. Love the music cuts, too -- I miss the days when different numbers entirely were used for big shakeups in mood and tempo. Lots of nice choreographic flourishes in here, too -- the Ina Bauer, the entries into the spins, etc.

Maybe Yuna's Send in the Clowns is an homage to all of us who are furiously typing away on Internet forums. "Don't bother... they're here!"

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast