Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek will not compete this season

News Evan Lysacek will not compete this season

Per Phil Hersh tweet:

.@EvanLysacek will officially announce Tuesday he is not going to compete this season.
    http://twitter.com/olyphil/status/410274541848756224

Go check the Evan Lysacek thread. I posted something there previous to this.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyEdges View Post
    Go check the Evan Lysacek thread. I posted something there previous to this.
    I think this news merits its own thread.

Custom Title
    Sad news, but not unexpected news. It would have taken a miracle for him to overcome the hip labrum tear in time to be ready to compete this season. Best wishes to Evan in his future endeavors.

Custom Title
    Very disappointed for him and me. So not this season, does that imply he will compete in the future?

Custom Title
    Oh the saga continues. One would have thought Evan would close the chapter and move on now but of course it appears he can't let it go...He is like the fading actor or actress. I hope he finds happiness but it is time to let "amateur" skating go. e ahs accomplished much and much more than many feel he deserved considering his skill level. He seems to be milking it.

Lifelong Adam Fan KwanIsALegend's Avatar
    Well I am shocked! No, not really. It is a lot of work to be Olympic ready. Unless you are fully committed and ready to give it 120 thousand % then it probably isn't a good idea to try.
    I have never been an Evan fan, his arm flapping always makes me cringe.
    I think a lot pf people already predicted this. Good luck to him, he will always be an Olympic champion, he has a lot to be proud of.

Custom Title
    Yikes. I wish him good health and the best of luck in his future endeavours.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanIsALegand View Post
    Well I am shocked! No, not really. It is a lot of work to be Olympic ready. Unless you are fully committed and ready to give it 120 thousand % then it probably isn't a good idea to try.
    I have never been an Evan fan, his arm flapping always makes me cringe.
    I think a lot pf people already predicted this. Good luck to him, he will always be an Olympic champion, he has a lot to be proud of.
    Evan was fully committed and gave it everything he had. Evan recovered from the surgery that he had in late November 2012. Unfortunately, he was not able to overcome the recent injuries in time to compete this season. Suffering an injury while training, and not being able to recover in time to compete, does not equate to not being fully committed and not giving full effort.

Custom Title
    I'm really shocked. I thought for sure he would wait until the day before Nationals to announce this.

It's really sad to hear that. I was really looking forward to seeing him skate. I wish he took the chance to compete a couple of years agog when he refused to skate due to funding.

All the best to him.

Custom Title
    Well, duh.

Like brightphoton, my only surprise is that he didn't keep up the act until the day before Nationals.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Well, duh.

Like brightphoton, my only surprise is that he didn't keep up the act until the day before Nationals.
    Guess you opted not to use the term 'charade' in this post.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    Guess you opted not to use the term 'charade' in this post.
    I honestly don't even remember which order I wrote them in.

It's late, I'm tired, and I'm cranky because I just made the terrible decision to re-read part of Weir's book....hang on. I think I'm venting my spleen at the wrong guy here.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post

I honestly don't even remember which order I wrote them in..
    If you need help remembering, just look at the time that is noted on the two posts... I am sure that you will be able to figure it out.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast