Finnish Nationals in Espoo -Dec 13 to 15 2013 | Golden Skate

Finnish Nationals in Espoo -Dec 13 to 15 2013

Alex D

Record Breaker
I really miss Alisa.

Since she finished her A-Level and started to study Russian culture, she just disappeared from my radar. No ISU entry either for 2013/14

FSGMT

Record Breaker
No Kiira? :bang: So, what competitions are there left for her? Only Euros and Worlds I guess...

Kati

On the Ice
Yes! She is my favorite Fin since the departure of Laura.

I tried to find out, but only saw that she is still on National team list, but can't find any results from this season. She is studing Russian at Tampere university.

Sara

On the Ice
14-year-old Jenni Saarinen skated a spectacular SP in juniors!
Total score 57.17 with excellent 3T+3T, 3Lo, 2A. I really like this girl, she has so much potential and talent! Her jumps are huge. If I compare her to Laura and Kiira as 14-year-olds, Jenni is way more talented than these two. I really hope that puberty monster is kind to her. :)

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
No Kiira? :bang: So, what competitions are there left for her? Only Euros and Worlds I guess...

She isn't capable to compete yet. She practises one hour per day 5-6 days at week. She has done now some spins and steps but not jumps yet. She is recovering well but she doesn't want to rush in the healing process. She isn't ready for Euros but Worlds could be possible. Oh I wish she would recover competely! :bow:

Quite a lot of triples landed in Junior Ladies SP. :)

Liubov Efimenko is very close to Juulia Turkkila after the Senior Ladies SP. Anything might happen. I hope Efimenko makes it. Turkkila has been stagnating for a while now, time for some young blood IMO. The competition level has been good. Quite a lot of triples landed here as well. :)

Kati

On the Ice
Did Kiira show up at the event to see her fans?

Yes, Kiira was there, giving autographs for fans and smiling and sweet as ever. The new champions:

Men: Matthias Versluis
Ladies: Juulia Turkkila
Dance: Henna Lindholm & Ossi Kanervo

Junior men: Roman Galay
Junior ladies: Jenni Saarinen (she would have been first in senior competition!!)
Junior Emmi Peltonen was very good as well, like Liubov Efimenko, who competed in seniors and placed second :)

A lot of triples landed in junior ladies! Sadly the men not showing the same level of skating but props to Versluis for a fully rotated quad toe attempt.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Well.

To be honest, the level of the Finnish men's figure skating is quite pathetic. Only Versluis is half decent, others skate at a level worse than numerous junior ladies, even.

The ladies' competition was better, but I for some reason really dislike Turkkila. It'll be great when Jenni Saarinen finally is old enough to compete so we can have a lady actually deserving of being called a champion of something(might actually even defeat Korpi).

Good effort by Efimenko. Too bad she failed too many jumps.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I tried to find out, but only saw that she is still on National team list, but can't find any results from this season. She is studing Russian at Tampere university.

Thanks for trying, yes that's the same status I have of her based on some finish news articles and wiki. :(

About Jenni, she was at Dortmund in 2011 - good to hear that she is coming along well.

Kati

On the Ice
Thanks for trying, yes that's the same status I have of her based on some finish news articles and wiki. :(

About Jenni, she was at Dortmund in 2011 - good to hear that she is coming along well.

Latest info of Alisa Mikonsaari (in Finnish):
http://www.lappeenrannanuutiset.fi/artikkeli/271516-taitoluistelija-alisa-mikonsaaren-kilpakausi-ohi

She is training again after injury, which kept her off ice for 2-3 months. She hopes to come back later this season, or the next one :)