Danish Figure Skating Championships 2014 | Golden Skate

Danish Figure Skating Championships 2014

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
The Danish Figure Skating Championships (DM 2014) were held 6th-8th of December in Herlev.

Senior results

Men
1 Justus STRID SKK 185.75 1 1
2 Keiran ARAZA GSF 140.33 2 2

Ladies
1 Anita Anderberg MADSEN SKK 113.27 2 1
2 Daria PODTELEJNIKOVA OSK 99.20 1 2
3 Signe Hygum JACOBSEN CIF 75.66 3 3

Ice Dance
1 Laurence Fournier BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SØRENSEN RSI 130.37 1 1

See protocols here.

For the first time I attended a bit (Jr. Ladies, Sr. Ladies and Men)

sequinsgalore, do you know how old Keiran Araza is now?

Rough skate for Pernille Sorensen in Junior Ladies SP but she redeemed herself to an extent in the FS with three clean triples.

Justus Strid landed 3axel in both programs (-1 GOE in FS), well done for him!

Anita Madsen totally bombed in the SP. Her consistency worries me. :( Only one triple 3toe and two 2axels in the FS. I love the power she shows in her skating and her jumps are quite impressive when she's on. I hope she can get it together.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Did you enjoy it?
Yes, I did. I don't get to see much live figure skating due to living in Denmark and having no money for travel :cry:. I was the "expert" for some journalist students who did a website for Danish Skating Union (see here).

sequinsgalore, do you know how old Keiran Araza is now?
According ISU he was born 24.11.1992, making him 21 years and too old for juniors. His only international comps the past seasons has been The Nordics, but his highest triple is only the loop.

I'm glad to hear you had fun. :)

As for Araza, that is a shame. I remember following his results from years back and I thought that he seemed promising but at age 21 with no harder triples, it doesn't look like it's happening for him. I hope he can persevere and improve in future seasons.