check out this picture | Golden Skate

check out this picture

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
It's time to get a haircut when you can't come down from your quad because your hair got stuck in the rafters......

Evdokia

On the Ice
JonnyCoop said:
It's time to get a haircut when you can't come down from your quad because your hair got stuck in the rafters......
Maybe a ponytail would help?:D

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Evdokia said:
Maybe a ponytail would help?:D

I did mention on another post that if Evgeny's hair gets longer, he might want to consider putting it in a bun...:D

Evdokia

On the Ice
JonnyCoop said:
I did mention on another post that if Evgeny's hair gets longer, he might want to consider putting it in a bun...:D

Well, if he'll do THAT for real,:eek: I'm probably the one who is going to throw some scissors on the ice after his performance instead of flowers, stuffed animals and the ususal things skaters are likely to receive. :laugh:

dfj

On the Ice
Frankly, I think he's fab just the way he is.

And you CAN'T cut his hair - he's like Samson, cut it off and all his power is gone!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Evdokia said:
Well, if he'll do THAT for real,:eek: I'm probably the one who is going to throw some scissors on the ice after his performance instead of flowers, stuffed animals and the ususal things skaters are likely to receive. :laugh:

I always wanted to do that with Gwendael Peizerat. With bad television reception, it was hard to tell him from Marina Anissina!!:laugh:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
At least we can get a good look at his face without all his hair hanging down in front of it.

Antilles

Medalist
What the heck is wrong with Yahoo that they only like to show these types of photos? They can't show anything attractive?

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I really think they should ban these photos of skaters in the middle of a jump.

Joe

Exactly. What's the point of those close-ups anyway? A jump picture is much more effective from a distance. Just because they have a zoom lens doesn't mean they have to USE it. For a sport that is custom-made for "pretty pictures" (out of lack of a better term to use at the moment), there sure are a lot of ugly ones out there. Perhaps the photographers are annoyed because they didn't get assigned to the baseball beat or something...

icenut84

Final Flight
One thing that jump pictures *do* show is the athleticism it takes to perform these moves, and the effort. Which I reckon most people don't realise till they see pictures like this.