Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Four Nationals (CZE, HUN, POL, SVK) - Bratislava, Slovakia 20-22/12/2013

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!

2014 Four Nationals (CZE, HUN, POL, SVK) - Bratislava, Slovakia 20-22/12/2013

This year Hungary will be joining Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia and Three Nationals Championships will become Four Nationals.

The event will be held in the Slovak capital, Bratislava from 20th to 22nd of December.

2014 Four National Championships - Entries/Results
    2014 Four Nationals Championships - Live Streaming (Live and On-Demand)

The following categories will be contested:
    Senior Ladies, Men, Pairs and Ice Dance
    Junior Pairs and Ice Dance
    Advanced Novice Pairs

2014 Four Nationals - Announcement
    2014 Four Nationals - Hotel Information
    2014 Four Nationals - Time Schedule

Custom Title
    They already have an entries/results page: http://www.kraso.sk/wp-content/uploa...20131204_4Nat/

Does anyone have any information on Zsuzsanna Nagy and Máté Fejes? I haven't heard anything about them since Worlds. They haven't competed since then and they are not on the entries list for Four Nationals either. I can't find any recent information on them. Are they injured? Or have they retired?
    I know that for some reason Camille Foucher and Márk Magyar's partnership didn't work out. So Hungary again doesn't have any pair skating teams (as far as I know). :(

Thanks Bea, I've edited it in.

I wonder why Kubova/Novak aren't entered in Senior Dance. Is it an injury or did they split?

Only one Senior Pair. :(

No Chiappas (the American-Hungarian ladies) entered.

Alexandra Kamieniecki is back after not having competed for a year or so! I thought she quit skating.

Custom Title
    I also noticed the absence of Chiappas.
    One more thing about the ladies. In spring Viktória Pavuk was reported to try to come back for Europeans. But she hasn't competed this season and is not entered for nationals either. So I think she has retired after all.

Ivett Toth has most of the triples and has been landing them with decent consistency so even had Pavuk come back, she would have probably lost the National title.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Ivett Toth has most of the triples and has been landing them with decent consistency so even had Pavuk come back, she would have probably lost the National title.
    Yes, I know that. But she is too young to compete at Europeans this season. Because of this Hungary most likely won't have a ladies competitor there. I didn't have high hopes for Pavuk anyway. I just thought I'd mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bea View Post
    Yes, I know that. But she is too young to compete at Europeans this season. Because of this Hungary most likely won't have a ladies competitor there. I didn't have high hopes for Pavuk anyway. I just thought I'd mention it.
    Oh I forgot that Toth was so young still. She won't be able to compete in Seniors until next season, right?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Hasn't Ivett had a growth spurt this year? Just as well if she can get that over with before going on to seniors?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Oh I forgot that Toth was so young still. She won't be able to compete in Seniors until next season, right?
    Yes, that's right. She will turn 15 this December.

Custom Title
    They should just call it Central European Championships. Four Nationals sounds stupid :P

Hmm it looks like the second Polish senior ice dance team (Zvorigina/Bernadowski) is done. Unless there is an injury I am not aware of. They haven't competed internationally at all this season. I guess they must have quit after being overtaken by Plutowska/Gerber. Shame.

Columnist
    I so wanted to go, Bratislava is just 4 hours from me. Sadly I can´t :(

Good Luck to all the athletes!

Custom Title
    There is live streaming!
    This is the link to men's short program event which is on now: http://live.huste.tv/stream/20-12-13...-short-program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bea View Post
    There is live streaming!
    This is the link to men's short program event which is on now: http://live.huste.tv/stream/20-12-13...-short-program
    Thank you for the link.

I would also like to know what happened with Kubova & Novak.

I watched Petr Coufal - clean skate, 3lutz + 3 toeloop, 3 rittberger, 2axel.

Tomas Verner - 3 lutz+3toeloop, 3axel, 3flip, a little bit shacky landings, but clean. Where is quad?

Michal Brezina will skate in the last group as last skater.

I didn't hear a commentator annoucing the marks.

Right now, there is ice resurfacing before last group.

Custom Title
    After checking the video, Verner had only 1 "shacky" landing, his solo triple, the combo was landed beautifully and his axel was also pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi_trhLbsck

His lead over Brezina is 13 points, hard to imagine Tomas losing this title now.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast