2014 Four Nationals (CZE, HUN, POL, SVK) - Bratislava, Slovakia 20-22/12/2013 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 Four Nationals (CZE, HUN, POL, SVK) - Bratislava, Slovakia 20-22/12/2013

Buttercup

Record Breaker
And yes, Europe looks pretty bad with Maxim Kovtun as the sole European in the Top 10 SB list. Still you can't count out Fernandez, Verner, Brezina, Joubert or Amodio....we may see a better second half from these guys.
Note that the SB list only includes ISU events (and this year, Nebelhorn), and several European men did not skate in multiple (or any) GPs this year but did do other internationals. While some Senior Bs have preposterous scoring, quite a few are legit. Tomas Verner's Coupe de Nice score would have had him in 6th place and Sergei Voronov's Golden Spin score would have been ahead of Jason Brown.

At the moment, Chan and Hanyu are way out in front of everyone, not just the Europeans. If they skate well in Sochi, it's probably going to be a battle for the bronze among the other guys.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Note that the SB list only includes ISU events (and this year, Nebelhorn), and several European men did not skate in multiple (or any) GPs this year but did do other internationals. While some Senior Bs have preposterous scoring, quite a few are legit. Tomas Verner's Coupe de Nice score would have had him in 6th place and Sergei Voronov's Golden Spin score would have been ahead of Jason Brown.

At the moment, Chan and Hanyu are way out in front of everyone, not just the Europeans. If they skate well in Sochi, it's probably going to be a battle for the bronze among the other guys.

Yes, I do realize that, which is why I said not to count them out. :) I think Verner is looking quite good actually based on his Senior B results. Voronov looked quite impressive as well at Golden Spin and yes, the PCS seem to be in line with what he received at NHK Trophy. However, Voronov chances that he'll make the Olympics are up in the air at this point.

As far as the Europeans, Verner, Kovtun and Voronov looked good. Joubert didn't do too bad considering his Fed issues.

I do agree it could be a Battle Royale for bronze, however if Fernandez comes back with his technical arsenal, he will have a head start.

I don't get how Plutowska/Gerber could have been behind Turoczi/Major on the PCS. In fact, I think that other than SS where Testa/Csolley were clearly best, they should have got the highest PCS here. Meh.

After easily beating Simancikova all season, Nicole Rajicova totally imploded here. Even more so than in the SP. Program opened with a shaky 3loop, then she doubled the lutz, fell on two 3toes (take-offs went all wrong), double-footed the 3salchow, singled the axel and landed another 2axel. Ouch. The program was well presented, she smiled throughout despite the mistakes and her movement was quite detailed and polished. Decent basic skating.

2nd so far (behind Svetlikova)

Jana Coufalova looks just like her brother. She landed two 3toes, a 3loop and a 2axel/2toe combo. Fell on the 3flip and did two planned doubles (why not two double axels?). She mostly skated through the music, however, and her upper body movement was quite limited and lacked expression and projection.

1st

A fantastic performance from Agata Kryger! High and solid 3toe/2toe/2loop to open, followed by 3flip (!!! - not a lot flow out though) and 3salchow/2toe (likewise). Second 3toe was doubled but she went on to land another 3salchow and two 2axels, one of them with a 2toe. Her spins have improved and so has her presentation to an extent although I'd still like to see her show more expression. The choreography, however, was a little disappointing. There was a part of the program where she just skated around from one jump into another, without covering much ice.

1st

Bronislava Dobiasova landed two 3salchows, a 2axel and some planned doubles. Second 2axel was with a step out with hands down. There were also some planned doubles. I really liked her posture and lines. Very elegant throughout.

4th

Alexandra Kunova opened with a long ina bauer into a solid 3toe/2toe. Unfortunately things went downhill from there. She landed the 3lutz forwards on two feet, doubled the 3salchow and the second 3toe and had a shaky landing on the 2axel. She managed to land a 3salchow/2toe later on but singled the second axel. So only two triples. Kunova used to suffer from truck driver-itis but based on both of her performances here, it looks like she worked a lot on her presentation. She was quite expressive, used her upper body decently and showed a fair amount of transitions. Unfortunately as mistakes piled up, she lost the wind in her sails and didn't sell the program as well as at the start.

5th

Current results:
1. Agata Kryger /POL/
2. Jana Coufalova /CZE/
3. Klara Svetlikova /CZE/
4. Bronislava Dobiasova /SVK/
5. Alexandra Kunova /SVK/
6. Nicole Rajicova /SVK/

Ice-resurfacing on now.

Ivett Toth /HUN/

3flip/2toe (huge), 3lutz (fall), ?/2toe, 2axel, 3toe/2toe (hand), 2lutz, 3toe

Skated through the music, looking down towards the ice. Her presentation really needs work.

2nd

Elizaveta Ukolova /CZE/

3loop/2toe (no speed out), 3lutz/2toe (no speed out), 3?, 3loop, 3toe (fall), 2lutz, 2axel/2toe/2toe

Most impressive jump content so far but looooong entries into most of the jumps. Sleepwalked through the program with no expression or projection. Basics quite weak.

1st

Eliska Brezinova /CZE/

2axel/2toe with arm above, 3lutz, 3loop, 3toe, 3toe/2toe, 2flip (struggled with the take-off at first but then did it again), 2axel/2toe (looked like third toe was planned but she didn't have enough momentum and stepped out)

This is probably her best competition ever and definitely best in a long time. Solid jumps, quite a lot of speed. The program was quite empty but posture and lines were decent enough.

Michal Brezina was with her in the Kiss & Cry.

2nd

Alexandra Kamieniecki /POL/

2axel (off-axis in the air, step out), 3lutz (fall), 3flip (fall), 3toe (long entry, fall), 3salchow (possible cheat), 3salchow (fall), 2axel/2toe with arm above

Skated through the music.

OUCH! Based on the SP, I thought Kamieniecki would be going to Euros. I don't think anybody has expected this... :(

13th

Monika Simancikova /SVK/

2axel, 3toe (fall), 3loop, 3toe (step out with hand down), 3salchow (underrotated, fall), 2lutz (fall), 2flip/2toe(step out)/1toe(eeked out)

I like her serious demeanour on the ice. Her basics are quite decent and she presented the program quite well despite the disaster on the jumps.

After Rajicova, bombed, I thought the Slovakian federation would have a very hard time making the decision regarding the Olympics. After this performance, I imagine that Rajicova is a lock given she scored much better than Simancikova earlier in the season.

8th

My apologies, the sound of the feed was really low (even with my speakers on full volume) and it looks like again, I misheard a lot of the results. :slink:

Proper Senior Ladies results are up now: http://www.kraso.sk/wp-content/uploads/sutaze/2013_2014/20131204_4Nat/CAT002RS.HTM

Brezinova has actually managed to beat Ukolova. I wonder what the Czech Federation is going to do now. In the past, their ISU Championships teams were based on Nationals results only. And that would mean Brezinova goes to Euros and Olympics.

I wouldn't want to be the Slovak Federation right now. I think they should look at the whole season and send Rajicova to the Olympics. Maybe somebody else to Euros.

Yeah, I'm sorry I could barely hear what the announcer was saying on the feed and got a lot of the results wrong.

I can't wait to see what the Czech and Slovak Federations decide regarding their Euros and Olympics teams.

Rajicova was better at Ice Challenge and NRW Trophy and worse (but only by 3 points) at Nationals. So I guess it's Rajicova for Euros and Olympics with Simancikova getting Worlds?

What complicates matters though is that Bronislava Dobiasova became the Slovak champion. If I was the Slovak Fed, I'd ignore that inconvenient fact though since she only has one triple (salchow) that she didn't manage to fully rotate in her FS. :p