Dick Button on Twitter! | Golden Skate

Dick Button on Twitter!

:rock: :laugh:

I see Sarah Hughes and Brian Boitano have chimed in. :)

Although…as far as tell this is just to push Mr. Buttons new book. His publisher must have told him there was something called Twitter. ;)

samson

Medalist
Does anyone else secretly hope he starts an internet feud with Taylor Swift or something?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
He's publicizing his new book, Push Dick's Button. I doubt that he will be getting into it with anyone.

jaylee

Medalist
Although…as far as tell this is just to push Mr. Buttons new book. His publisher must have told him there was something called Twitter. ;)

It looks like he's using CreateSpace, which is an Amazon service that allows people to self-publish.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
That's if it's really him and not someone tweeting FOR him... (I mean I speak for about 5 different people as their "social media guru" so it's possible lol they aren't half as famous as Dick).

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
If I had twitter I'd totally spam him with Pics of catch foot spirals and the message "Oh great, another catch foot. I suppose I have to like them because I see them so often." :laugh:

I await the loopiness and charming ridiculous quotes.

samson

Medalist
Maybe he'll start throwing shade with The Skating Lesson and Skating 102.

(I feel like I should add I know Dick won't actually do any of this - it's just that a man of his intelligence, vocabulary and candor would be a delight if he treated twitter like the tea room so many people in the twitterverse like to do)

samson

Medalist
Holy cow, I just saw that tweet that mentioned Michelle and Dick have a combined 10 world and 16 US titles. That's insane that just two skaters can combine for so much gold hardware.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I couldn't help myself yesterday....I purchased Dick's book on amazon. Should have it in a few days and can't wait to read it. I grew up listening to his commentary and even though I don't always agree with him, I learned a lot!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
MFarone, when you get the book, and have read it, please tell us about it and whether it was a good book!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Woohoo! I must follow "Uncle Dickie" on Twitter. Would love to get his book!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
That's if it's really him and not someone tweeting FOR him... (I mean I speak for about 5 different people as their "social media guru" so it's possible lol they aren't half as famous as Dick).

USFSA confired that both Dick & Michelle's twitter accounts were the real deal.

Not sure whether Doris was referring back to Toni's post ... maybe not.

In any case, I don't think that Toni was questioning whether Button's Twitter account was legit. I think she meant that someone authorized by Button -- such as a publicist -- might be tweeting on his behalf. Nothing wrong with that. Some public figures enjoy tweeting with their own fingers; others rely on communications professionals like Toni. :)

Of course it is true that impostors can set up unauthorized Twitter accounts that they claim belong to celebs, but that's another kettle of fish.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I had heard that he does know how to use a computer.

He is also a heck of a gardener.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Not sure whether Doris was referring back to Toni's post ... maybe not.

In any case, I don't think that Toni was questioning whether Button's Twitter account was legit. I think she meant that someone authorized by Button -- such as a publicist -- might be tweeting on his behalf. Nothing wrong with that. Some public figures enjoy tweeting with their own fingers; others rely on communications professionals like Toni. :)

Of course it is true that impostors can set up unauthorized Twitter accounts that they claim belong to celebs, but that's another kettle of fish.

Yes it's very common for people to have multiple people overseeing a Twitter account. Barack Obama (@barackobama) has a staff who tweets, though when Obama tweets he marks them with a -BO.