Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dick Button on Twitter!

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    That's if it's really him and not someone tweeting FOR him... (I mean I speak for about 5 different people as their "social media guru" so it's possible lol they aren't half as famous as Dick).
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    USFSA confired that both Dick & Michelle's twitter accounts were the real deal.
    Not sure whether Doris was referring back to Toni's post ... maybe not.

In any case, I don't think that Toni was questioning whether Button's Twitter account was legit. I think she meant that someone authorized by Button -- such as a publicist -- might be tweeting on his behalf. Nothing wrong with that. Some public figures enjoy tweeting with their own fingers; others rely on communications professionals like Toni.

Of course it is true that impostors can set up unauthorized Twitter accounts that they claim belong to celebs, but that's another kettle of fish.

Uncle Dick knows how to use a modern computer?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I had heard that he does know how to use a computer.

He is also a heck of a gardener.

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Not sure whether Doris was referring back to Toni's post ... maybe not.

In any case, I don't think that Toni was questioning whether Button's Twitter account was legit. I think she meant that someone authorized by Button -- such as a publicist -- might be tweeting on his behalf. Nothing wrong with that. Some public figures enjoy tweeting with their own fingers; others rely on communications professionals like Toni.

Of course it is true that impostors can set up unauthorized Twitter accounts that they claim belong to celebs, but that's another kettle of fish.
    Yes it's very common for people to have multiple people overseeing a Twitter account. Barack Obama (@barackobama) has a staff who tweets, though when Obama tweets he marks them with a -BO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2