Carolina Kostner out of Nationals due to injury | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner out of Nationals due to injury

figureskate

On the Ice
It is reported on Raaisport.it that Kostner has decided to withdraw from Nationals, that take place the next week, due to an old phisical issue (doesn't say which, but I guess she hasn't completely healed from the one she caused in September). With just Europeans before Sochi, I am afraid that Carolina won't skate the way we've seen her doing in the latest years...I wish her a speedy recovery!

YunaBliss

On the Ice
OMG. didn't know she was injured... will this impact her competing in the Olympics??

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh no. I hope it is not to serious. Get well soon Caro!

First Dai gets injured before Sochi and now my other favorite Caro.

Thanks for the info.

Robeye

Final Flight
Best wishes for a full and early recovery.

Any details on the nature of the injury and the prognosis?

figureskate

On the Ice
Best wishes for a full and early recovery.

Any details on the nature of the injury and the prognosis?

Not really, the article just says that an injury she has had before has worsened. Still, she is excpected to attend an Olympic ceremony in Rome with the Italian team, so I guess she expects to get well relatively soon after some rest. H

jaylee

Medalist
I hope she has a swift and complete recovery, and can skate her best at the Olympics.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I just gasped a bit when I saw the thread title; glad it doesn't sound too serious. I'm guessing she is saving herself, wisely, for the big O! Get well soon, Carolina.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
speedy recovery to Carolina
has not been a good Olympics season again so far for her

I still want to see her skate her 2013 Worlds Programs
her SP Dracula and LP Bolero

RABID

Final Flight
It is reported on Raaisport.it that Kostner has decided to withdraw from Nationals, that take place the next week, due to an old phisical issue (doesn't say which, but I guess she hasn't completely healed from the one she caused in September). With just Europeans before Sochi, I am afraid that Carolina won't skate the way we've seen her doing in the latest years...I wish her a speedy recovery!

Me too. I am rooting for others but I hope Carolina will reassert herself in the Olympics and skate the way we know she is capable of doing.

MalloryArcher

On the Ice
I hope it's not serious! It could just be that Nationals interfere with her Olympics preparation, and there's no real advantage to risking competition now. It's not really a significant competition for her this year anyway as there are 2 spots for Italian ladies and only 2 lady skaters with the minimum tech mark I think (Caro and Valentina).

MiRé

Match Penalty
Where are the people that was accusing Yuna that she faked her injury? :rolleye:

On a serious note, I hope she gets well soon!

spikydurian

Medalist
Oh no.... this season is bad for many skaters. Wishing Carolina speedy recovery. She's such a lovely skater to watch. I hope she's able to skate her best in Sochi. Would love to see her medal.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Carolina rarely competes at Nationals, so this is not big news. I'm sure she'll be at Euros next month.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
The article I read said that it was due to back pain...

Nationals would be a good warmup for her but it's not a necessary competition. I hope she rests and gets ready for a Euros and Sochi. And bring back Bolero!!

npavel

On the Ice
Carolina rarely competes at Nationals, so this is not big news. I'm sure she'll be at Euros next month.

she has competed in nine times and WD twice before now(season 2007/2008 and 2011/2012), this is the third time.
She has won seve titles in 2002/2003,2004/2005,2005/2006,2006/2007,2008/2009,2010/2011,2012/2013 and was second 2003/2004 and 2009/2010
That doesn't seam rarely in my eyes :)

She had an injury but competed in China and we saw she was not at the top of her game. Now she has to get well soon so she can be at her best in February (I really hope that)

anthologyz

Rinkside
this will give her a chance to either tweak the hell out of scheherazade or raise bolero back from the dead! after her last two unfortunate outings at the olympics, i'm hoping the magic of ravel (and its skating history) will help her to rise to the occasion.