Golden Globe Nominations | Golden Skate

Golden Globe Nominations

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Not a lot of surprises other than Oprah and The Butler were shut out (especially since Oprah's up for a SAG award for her role in The Butler). I haven't seen any of the films up for the Golden Globe... I've only heard of maybe three of the movies listed :laugh:

For the animated category I've seen all three and all have great stories and were entertaining, but I think Frozen should take it (though I doubt it will). The story is good and the animation is incredible. I've seen it in 3D and it's the first 3D flick that I actually LOVED and can see working completely withOUT 3D as well. It was just so good!

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/moviesnow/la-et-mn-golden-globes-nominees-winners-complete-list,0,6845028.story#axzz2nHfC1tA1

You saw Frozen? That's great. It sounds wonderfully inventive, and one reviewer especially praised its use of 3-D.

It's wonderful to realize that Disney can still be so fresh and creative for an animated full-length film after all these years.

I haven't reviewed all the nominees for GG's yet. I'll look later today.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yes Frozen is great, though the villain IMO is weak (and that's after the surprising twist!) but the animation more than makes up for any weakness... and the music is fab. Definitely recommend it. They also disapprove of the idea of falling in love instantly with your "true love" in this one... or at least... try to, without forgetting the classic Disney Fairytale ideology.

oleada

Record Breaker
"12 Years A Slave" was ROUGH to watch, but a very well done movie. Chiwetel Ejiofor was increidble, as was Lupita N'yongo. Gravity was very good, but IMO, not great (aside from the effects) - but Sandra Bullock really did an amazing carrying it. But Cate Blanchett has to be my pick. She made a really unlikeable character very sympathetic.

I haven't seen American Hustle yet but hopefully will next week. It has my girl J-Law in it. :biggrin:

On the TV side, I'm happy Parks and Rec is FINALLY recognized! It's brilliant. I'm also pleasantly surprised about Masters of Sex, which is easily one of the best shows right now and much better than Homeland which precedes it. However, Lizzy Caplan is the heart and soul of that show, and I'm shocked she got overlooked. Surprised about no Game of Thrones - it's far better than Downton Abbey and "The Rains of Castamere" was one of the most talked TV episodes all year. No Peter Dinklage? or Michelle Fairley? I also wish Orange is the New Black had gotten a nod as a series or for one of the supporting actors over Taylor Schilling (nonetheless, I'm happy for her!) .