Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed rosters Olympics 2014

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar

Confirmed rosters Olympics 2014

Great Britain as announced its team, see here.

Great Britain
    Jenna McCorkell - ladies
    Stacey Kemp/David King - pairs
    Ice Dance - Penny Coomes/Nicholas Buckland - ice dance
    Mathew Parr - man in team event

Team GB has qualified for the team event. I assume everyone will do the SP/SD (but not qualify for the FS/FD)

Any other national teams announced so far for figure skating?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Great Britain
    Jenna McCorkell - ladies
    Stacey Kemp/David King - pairs
    Ice Dance - Penny Coomes/Nicholas Buckland - ice dance
    Mathew Parr - man in team event
    GO COOMES/BUCKLAND! I thought they were a delight at TEB.

They make a glamourous team, their skating is a pleasure to watch, and perhaps having them in the spotlight of the Olympics will help boost the popularity of skating in the UK.

Good thread Sequins!

Yes yesway, the team event may be a good way to rise the interest in a country that have middle good skaters. And what a great oppurtunity for Parr. I'm sure he will do better than his best I like the team event-idea more and more.

Columnist
    I can give you the first nonofficial names for Germany.

Pairs:

Aljona & Robin
    Maylin & Daniel Wende

Ice Dance

Nelli & Alex
    Tanja & Stefano

Men

Peter Liebers

While those names need to be confirmed this week, they are pretty much a given.

Ladies

Nathalie Weinzierl (she has not reached the qualification score, but since Germany has a team going on - it is very likely that she will also start in the Ladies)

Custom Title
    Australia

MEN

Brendan Kerry

LADIES

TBC

ICE DANCE

Danielle O'Brien/Gregory Merriman

Australia is first alternate for the team event.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Australia is first alternate for the team event.
    Do you have a Pair team with the minimum scores? Or do they not apply for the team event?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex D View Post
    I can give you the first nonofficial names for Germany.

Pairs:

Aljona & Robin
    Maylin & Daniel Wende

Ice Dance

Nelli & Alex
    Tanja & Stefano

Men

Peter Liebers

While those names need to be confirmed this week, they are pretty much a given.

Ladies

Nathalie Weinzierl (she has not reached the qualification score, but since Germany has a team going on - it is very likely that she will also start in the Ladies)
    Yup, officially confirmed just a few minutes ago... That´s great for the Wende´s after their long break to have such a great comeback... And a pity for Weinzierl (I have not read it, but I think she will "only" be in the Team Competition) that she missed the qualification score needed by less than a point :/

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen95 View Post
    Yup, officially confirmed just a few minutes ago... That´s great for the Wende´s after their long break to have such a great comeback... And a pity for Weinzierl (I have not read it, but I think she will "only" be in the Team Competition) that she missed the qualification score needed by less than a point :/
    There are four international competitions before the Olympics still.

Columnist
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen95 View Post
    http://www.eislauf-union.de/DEU-Olym...view_news.html

Yes Nathalie needed 145, but missed it by 0.4 points. The following competitions don't count anymore, as the DOSB had to make the decision for the Athletes today, at January they will nominate the staff like the coaches.

Regarding the official DEU info it is happening Nathalie will start in the Ladies + Team. The team will be "selected" at a later date though out of the following athletes.

Sehr erfreut nahm die Deutsche Eislauf-Union die soeben eingetroffene Benachrichtigung des DOSB entgegen, dass folgende Eiskunstläuferinnen und Eiskunstläufer vom DOSB für die Olympischen Winterspiele 2014 in Sotschi nominiert worden sind:

Herren: Peter Liebers

Damen: Nathalie Weinzierl

Paare: Aljona Savchenko

Robin Szolkowy

Maylin Wende

Daniel Wende

Eistanzen: Nailya Zhiganshina

Alexander Gazsi

Tanja Kolbe

Stefano Caruso

Doesn't that press release say that Nathalie Weinzierl was nominated? So I imagine that she'll take part in both Ladies and team after all? I mean come on, give her a break, it's only 0.4 points!

Columnist
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Doesn't that press release say that Nathalie Weinzierl was nominated? So I imagine that she'll take part in both Ladies and team after all? I mean come on, give her a break, it's only 0.4 points!
    Yes, she will start at both - at least I don't see any reason why she shouldn't. As you said, she only missed it by 0.4 points + she showed at the nationals that she can skate much better than she had shown before, therefore the DOSB gave her the ticket. She said it herself "it was a relief to not have to skate with the Olympic Qualification score in mind at nationals".

Those names mentioned above will compete at their respective categories - maybe I wasn't clear there before, sorry if that was the case.

The team itself, those that compete in the team event - will be selected out of those athletes. As we only have one Lady and one Men, we can be quite sure that those will compete. As for pairs and dance - I assume Maylin & Daniel for the pairs and Tanja & Stefano for Dance, but a confirmation is still needed there at a later date.

The Swedish team is Viktoria Helgesson and Alexander Majorov. Good luck to them

Sweden will also send 3 judges.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    The Swedish team is Viktoria Helgesson and Alexander Majorov. Good luck to them

Sweden will also send 3 judges.
    I am a little surprised with this announcement. Viktoria Helgesson has had a very disappointing season so far. Yes she is the national champion but I would wait until 2014 Europeans are over to name the lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I am a little surprised with this announcement. Viktoria Helgesson has had a very disappointing season so far. Yes she is the national champion but I would wait until 2014 Europeans are over to name the lady.
    I agree. Helgesson had a meltdown this season thus far. However, I am confident she can turn herself around in time for Europeans, so I think the choice is okay.

Czech Republic

Ladies: Elizaveta Ukolova (she lost Nationals to Brezinova but according to Czech Federation's criteria the Lady who won the Olympic spot at Nebelhorn would qualify to Olympics)
    Men: Michal Brezina, Tomas Verner

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast