Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any news on Kawaguti/Smirnov?

On the Ice

Question Any news on Kawaguti/Smirnov?

does anyone have news about this pair after his problem in november ?
    fab from france

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...l=1#post805164

The above post says they are practicing again, but are not sure they will be ready in time for Sochi (or, presumably, Russian Nationals)

Custom Title
    They are definitely not going to Russian Nationals. He skates about 3 hours a day and does a lot of floor work with Yuko. They hope to be ready by Europeans where the Russian fed will decide who gets picked to go. Their programs this season are wonderful, I hope they get a chance to skate them at least once this season.

Custom Title
    I really love them and hope they make it to the Olympics. I admire her enormously for what she has sacrificed.

Custom Title
    This is quite impressive and remarkable progress for him. Wishing them both strength and belief in themselves and satisfaction regardless of whether they achieve a full come back in time. The journey they are going through NOW alone is worthy of much admiration.

I truly hope they are able to achieve the impossible here and go to Sochi.

Custom Title
    Hi all - they have a Facebook page (in English, separate from the group page) and just uploaded a new series of photographs the other day. Here you are: http://www.facebook.com/KavagutiandS...ref=ts&fref=ts (hope that link works)

Custom Title
    Also, an interview in OK! magazine with Yuko in Russian here: http://www.ok-magazine.ru/stars/inte...73.php?print=Y

Thank you so much for the link. It was a good interview, I could understand her as a very positive person. (Only the last paragraph was impossible with Google translation.)

Im really hoping they are ready in time for Europeans & get to go to the Olympics & Worlds

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lcd View Post
    Wishing them both strength and belief in themselves and satisfaction regardless of whether they achieve a full come back in time. The journey they are going through NOW alone is worthy of much admiration.
    My wish, too! Really really hope a miracle and they can come back to competitive ice. Fingers crossed!

Custom Title
    Wouldn't that be lovely? It did happen, after all, for Shen and Zhao.

They don't compete at Russian Nationals, not ready.
    http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASF0JJT201312170008.html

Smirnov will now do be able to do jumps and twists at the end of the week

via google translate
    Smirnov skater prepares soon again perform jumps

http://sochi2014.rsport.ru/sochi2014...709134830.html

MOSCOW, December 19 - R-Sport. Russian skater Alexander Smirnov , acting sports paired with Yuko Kawaguchi said that soon again be able to perform jumps and twist in training.

In mid-December , it became known that the pair Alexander Smirnov / Yuko Kawaguchi partner due to injury will miss the championship of Russia in Sochi. Skater got a serious knee injury in October during a speech at the Memorial Panina, then underwent surgery in Germany. In early December, he started training and now notes that the recovery is rapid .

" The week started off very smartly ! Making ice from all support , emissions and death spirals . Layouts naturally . 're Backspin and pryzhochki . But it is too early . A little bit more and I think I can . Feels almost forgotten nothing . Came Peter Chernyshev and was very pleased with the results seen , but it seems to me that everything slowly. faster But just can not spoil a relapse picture "- quoted Smirnov official website of Federation of figure skating in Russia .

" It's a pity that I have not time for the championship of Russia . But I want to believe that very soon again in the ranks! Great desire and we put maximum effort! " - Added skater .

Kawaguchi and Smirnov's performance at the Olympic Games in Sochi is still in question and depends on the pace of recovery partner.

IOC in September 2011 granted the status of Special Olympics authorized information agency (national host agency and national fotopul ) group " RIA Novosti " , which includes sports news agency " F - Sport" , in March 2013 RIA Novosti was granted the status of national host agency Paralympic Games in Sochi .

Custom Title
    Woohoo! That's grand news... Why, when I first heard that he'd been injured, I thought they'd be out for the entire season, for sure. Love them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast