Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Great Elizabeth Manley Article!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    I didn't think brightphoton was being sarcastic, but maybe I missed something. That girl was HORRIBLE to her. I mean, just awful. Not merely competitive or catty. and she doesn't have a superiority complex about nudity or she wouldn't be attending this Nudes on Ice show!
    Of course she was horrible, but that was one mean comment 20 years ago by a very young girl. It is common for many to experience equally mean/teasing/taunting/cruel comments throughout their highschool/teenage years; good for Manley to rise above them and made a way for herself, that was an inspiring narrative, but there's something wrong about savoring this moment of "schadenfreude" after her own great success and 20 years later. Pensive, introspective, sympathetic even self-congratulatory thoughts are far worthier for a champion than vengeful ones.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyskates View Post
    Of course she was horrible, but that was one mean comment 20 years ago by a very young girl. It is common for many to experience equally mean/teasing/taunting/cruel comments throughout their highschool/teenage years; good for Manley to rise above them and made a way for herself, that was an inspiring narrative, but there's something wrong about savoring this moment of "schadenfreude" after her own great success and 20 years later. Pensive, introspective, sympathetic even self-congratulatory thoughts are far worthier for a champion than vengeful ones.
    Many of them don't change as well. I'd be disappointed in Elizabeth if she made a hateful comment back, but all she did was simply sit there and let the other skater see her. Hopefully the other skater learns something from it.

I had a doctor who scared the crap out of my mother by telling her I had cystic fibrosis when I was little and I never did. I'm 31 now and I'd dearly love to stop by his office sometime, just to make a point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2