Worst Song Lyrics - Or Songs That Make You "Cringe" | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Worst Song Lyrics - Or Songs That Make You "Cringe"

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Pookie said:

One that sets my teeth on edge is "Walk Like a Man" by Franki Valli.

That's another one that can perm hair -- yeah, walk like a man but sing like a girl.... I kind of like it, tho.

Can't believe at any point THIS hasn't come up:

She ran callin' Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild-fire,
She ran callin' Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild-fire,
She ran callin' Wiiii-iiii-iiii-iii-iii-ld-fire....

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
So I won't pick just one...

How about the entire dead-boy or girlfriend school of pop music? Teen Angel, Last Kiss (talk about cringe-inducing! "Where oh where can my bay-bee be? The Lord took her away from me...") Here's one...how about "Billy, Don't Be a Hero" by Bo Donaldson & the Heywoods? You know, that classic about the boy going off to war with his g/f's words ringing in his ear..."Billy, don't be a hero, don't be a fool with your life, Billy, don't be a hero, come back and make me your wife..." It only gets worse from there.
Now that I've gotten started, I won't be able to stop unless I do so now.
Rave

eliza88

On the Ice
I hate the song that was widely popular last year, "Your body is a wonderland..." I can't stand the guys voice and the lyrics always makes me want to hurl!

Gotta agree with "Midnight at the Oasis" (now I'll have to work very hard to get that outta my head!) Any MC Hammer song...

My sister and I have a game we play every now and again--e-mailing each other bad lyrics to get the song stuck in eachothers head. The last time we started with that 70's song, "You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell, ding-a-ling-a-ling..." somewhere along the line Shaun Cassidy's "Da do run run run" came up but I conceded the game to her when she came up with Rick Springfields' "Jessie's Girl"

eliza88

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I don't know if this would be off topic or not. Left the Cake out in the rain brings memories to me. My youngest daughter was a teenager then. She and her friends had a little party here, (one of them was the preacher's son) and they decided to do the cake in the rain. They made a cake and frosted it with green frosting and took it out in the back yard and ran the hose on it. I found green frosting everywhere. They left the cake out there so I made her go clean it up. I was not a happy camper!! All in all they were good kids we could trust as far as immoral things but sure did some dumb things too. Just found out they were playing chinese firemen or whatever you call it downtown and the police stopped them. Think they were just told to behave.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Grgranny said:
they decided to do the cake in the rain. They made a cake and frosted it with green frosting and took it out in the back yard and ran the hose on it.

:laugh: That's too funny

I remembered ''The Pina Colada Song.'' That's something I try really hard not to do. It's the tender love story of a cheating, no-good louse who hooks up with a desperate soul through a singles ad. The plan, evidently, was to meet on the beach for a sandy tryst. As it turned out, the desperate one was none other than the louse's long-time lousette.

Did they start screaming at each other, hurling fists and sand, and demanding immediate tests at the local clinic? No, they realized their love was meant to be. It was written in the stars. At this point, I always had to wipe away a little tear before the nausea hit.:sheesh:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I'd have to say "Aqualung" by Jethro Tull is up there--that line about snot is pretty gross:

Sitting on a park bench --
eyeing ittle girls with bad intent.
Snot running down his nose --
greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes.
Drying in the cold sun --
Watching as the frilly panties run.
Feeling like a dead duck --
spitting out pieces of his broken luck.

... Hey Aqualung...
:rolleye:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Silver Lining:

I too still like Neil Diamond, but I think he really did not think out the lyrics too well in "I am, I said." Great tune. Just not one of his best lyrically, speaking.

I agree with you about the song "Timothy" - horrific.

Bijoux

Match Penalty
great thread

this is the only funny thread I have read yet, tell me if I'm missing another topic like this!

Lad, thank you for the info on the song. I remember the pairs skaters a little but not their numbers. I too love the song, but the words are weird now, and more weird to hear as a kid.

I can see why someone would skate to it, it's a great melody.
I remember Jo Jo Starbuck as very very blond. And she married a football player but they're divorced. Her ex has had 3 marriages just can't recall his name! A big Blond guy who's kinda funny.

And I loved Witchita lineman. I still do. Lyrics aside I love the music.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Another song that used to drive me nuts was Fly Like an Eagle - Steve Miller Band. It went "Time keeps on Slipping, into the Future" Funny, it does not bother me as much anymore.

I also had a job in a dress shop and had to listen to The Eagles over and over until I could not stand them! "Desperado" drove me up the wall.

Then there is "Who Let the Dogs Out?"
-Ouch..........................

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
"Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy... Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry..."

YUCK! I hated everything about that song: the music, the lyrics, the cloying way John Denver sang it... EVERYTHING! :rolleye: :sheesh:

"You're so vain... I'll bet you think this song is about you, don't you, don't you?" Well, it's really just that chorus that I hated. I didn't have a problem with the rest of the song. :p

Silver Lining

Rinkside
Ladskater said:
I also had a job in a dress shop and had to listen to The Eagles over and over until I could not stand them! "Desperado" drove me up the wall.

And I bet the furniture in there was so very un-Carl Farbman-like. :laugh:

Pookie

Final Flight
YUCK! I hated everything about that song: the music, the lyrics, the cloying way John Denver sang it... EVERYTHING!
Rgal, say it aint' so. :cry: He's one of my all time favorites. :) :laugh:

Feelings, nothing more than feelings,
trying to forget my feelings of love.
Teardrops rolling down on my face,
trying to forget my feelings of love.

Feelings, wo - o - o, feelings. . . . . . :D :p

My sister and I have a game we play every now and again--e-mailing each other bad lyrics to get the song stuck in each others head.
We should start a song tag thread. Post a line to a song and the
next person posts the next line to that song and then they can either start a new song or continue with the other one . . . . Does that make sense? It sounded good in my head. :laugh:

Last edited:

Bijoux

Match Penalty
I like a lot of John Denver songs.

The melodies are so pure and uplifting. Never been to the rockies
but his voice makes me feel I have, or at least really want to be high in colorado.... God Bess John Denver, and Minnie Ripperton she died of cancer.

I love the Eagles, and think I could listen to them forever, but I have never been trapped in a dress shop feeling 'desperado.':laugh:

Bijoux

Match Penalty
post script

If we were to have a national vote, I bet everyone would say "Feelings" sung at every wedding and in bars everywhere in my day, was the worst song EVER! I can't think of a song I hate more. But give me some other choices, you never know!:p

valuvsmk

Rinkside
Re: post script

Bijoux said:
If we were to have a national vote, I bet everyone would say "Feelings" sung at every wedding and in bars everywhere in my day, was the worst song EVER! I can't think of a song I hate more. But give me some other choices, you never know!:p

Hasn't anyone ever seen the episode of "The Carol Burnett Show" where "Eunice" thinks that she can escape her family at long last by winning a competition on "The Gong Show"? And, of course, her performance is to "Feelings", or in her version, "Feeeee-linnnnn's - WHOOOAAA -WHOOOAAA-WHOOOAAA- Feeee-linnnnn's!"

Needless to say, she was simultaneously gonged by all three judges.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
valuvsmk:

Yes, I laughed until I cried!!!!

Classic!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Wasn't that the same Eunice sketch where they asked her her name and she said "Eunice" and the host said "Eunice what?" and she said, in that hysterical voice, "Just Eunice. You know, lahk Cher???" That was too funny.

eliza88

On the Ice
Thanks for bringing back memories of "The Carol Burnett Show"--one of my all time favorites! Now I can be thinking of skits from that show all day instead of annoying song lyrics! (Tim Conway as an old man, Mr. Tudball and Ms. Huwiggins...did you ever see the parody of "Gone With the Wind" and Carol played Scarlett and she was wearing the curtains WITH the curtain rod!)

eliza88

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I think Tim Conway's skit with the Saran wrap was one of the funniest things.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
eliza88 said:
..did you ever see the parody of "Gone With the Wind" and Carol played Scarlett and she was wearing the curtains WITH the curtain rod!)

"Thank yuh, Ah -- saw it in the winduh and couldn't resist it"...

It's funny you should bring that up -- I mentioned that sketch on this board a few days ago! Can't remember the thread, but the subject was using Gone With The Wind music for skating programs, and someone mentioned they're expecting to see one of these days a couple playing Rhett & Scarlett on the ice complete with the costumes and I wondered if this would in fact include the curtain rod....