Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Those who have seen YuNa and Patrick live-question

Rinkside
    I think all skaters have been overscored since Vancouver. No need to blame Patrick or Yuna in particular.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Daleg, welcome to Golden Skate! Yes there is a case that all of them are overscored...

Quote Originally Posted by RABID View Post
    Can I just say.....
    Is there room for two on the couch? Enough popcorn for both of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Daleg View Post
    I think all skaters have been overscored since Vancouver. No need to blame Patrick or Yuna in particular.
    exactly..obviously the threadstarter's intention is obvious from the start..

how dare yuna got those scores from zagreb..it's a B tournament for crying loud!!! when in fact even the GP series you all see some over scoring..

so much hypocrisy.. as if her favorite skater didn't experience some over scoring..

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I don't see Ashley Kwan as a Michelle Kwan; more of a Kimmie Meissner, maybe a Jill Trenary or even a Tonya Harding or a world medal Rachel Flatt type. She is not overly "special".
    Ashley's winning because the US doesn't have anybody better. I doubt Ashley's going to win the worlds this year, even tho I'm pretty sure Yuna won't be there & Mao may not (depending on her Sochi result).

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Is there room for two on the couch? Enough popcorn for both of us?
    Make it three. I'll even provide the microwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I don't see Ashley Kwan [...]
    Funny, I don't either.

um, how can we blame Pat or Yuna? Do they score themselves? It is a judging issue.

I would like to say that Mao's ubers from Japan don't attack like Yunabots. At least no here that I can see. I know YuNa is almost a deity, but really, she is just a human being. A good one who is talented. Please do not over invest in "idols." Only God should be seen as "perfect." Really, I wish I could experience two cultures. Japan has fabulous skaters and they seem to be very quiet. It isn't worth saying an opinion if this goes on til Sochi. If you are crazy for YuNa or super nationalistic , get a grip. She's very good but many others are.

Wagner and Gold are fabulous-just not as experienced. Maybe show SOME interest in other than Mao beating. She gets slammed here and its wrong to personalize. You make me sorry I asked people their opinions.

Prettykeys made a good distinction earlier. Thanks and I think I will do as most do here-ignore a certain skater as her fans are too vociferous. Really, was it like this or worse before Vancouver/. Glad I missed it. Happy Holidays. I just hope a million youtube viewers don't show up. This gets weird. Sayonara. And let us drop personal attacks ok? Mods allow one and others follow.

It's the Olympic season and we are only 2 months away~ I see propaganda / fan wars going on everywhere. Just buckle up and enjoy the show and don't take it personal.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    I actually came to this thread because I thought I'd share my impressions from seeing Patrick in TEB, but after reading trough... maybe I shouldn't

!

Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    More importantly, these deluded Mao fans whom Ven excoriates basically don't exist. Who on this forum actually says that Mao is objectively a better skater than Yuna (not just one or two aspects, but overall)? There are maybe 2 people who actually post things like that.
    Many feel Mao is better. They just post less because of fear of being attacked. And many are her fans on other language boards. A certain few people like ven (shortened from venomous?) intimidate others.

I really wanted to hear from people who were tv viewers and how diff competition live is, esp the two controversial skaters, talk about judging. But when a poster wants to hijack a thread, attack the sincere intentions of OP and answer questions not asked (Mathman asked you right away and it should have been a warning). I had no ulterior motive, and hate no skater. Hater is an immature, childish insult to hurl at a poster. I never use it. Hate is also insulted strong, powerful word. I would be amazed if anyone hated a skater-even the infamous ubers of two Asian 'rivals.' It is two childish and should be banned.

I wonder Ven your true age as you also too aim at people over 50. Ancient are they? You further laughed at those who save older clothes. Where I live, we no longer have gorgous clothes made in the USA. If you keep your older clothes, and they fit, you are smart. It is called "vintage" and the styles are retro and much nicer anyway. But your remark was ageist. Youth, as we say in this country is wasted on the young.

You know my opinions of YuNa and Patricks falls. Perhaps a new thread regarding scoring inflation is in order. Please don't make ASSumptions re my motives. I am a YuNa fan despite her imperfecions, and I share her faith and applaud her philanthropy greatly. NEVER accusea me of hating A, Pat, Mao, x,y,z . I am insulted as I like many, love a few, am neutral to some.( Curser skipping and no sleep wrecking paragraphs. you felt the need to attack, denigrate, bully me, thereby shutting off any thing you see as cricism of your beloved. You are breaking GS rules. Too obtuse to know?

If this board is just going to be dominated by one country, or fans of one skater,for Oly season, we can forget fair discussion. Bullying tactics make it unpleasant for all. The fans of one skater seem to get special treatment. Demographics of membership would explain why.

It is best to say little in the edge and discuss in the comp. folders. This is a shame that people are bullied for their sincere question, suspected age, clothing, anything. You hijacked the thread-and who knows where it would have gone? We might have learned something about IJS scoring. Knee jerk responses make it seem you are here on a mission-self appointed PR for YuNa. YuNa doesn't need over the top fans. She has way more respect for Mao-they are both skaters-very similar lives right now-they respect each other. Please follow their leads. Criticism does not equal "hatred." Again, don't put words/thoughts in my head/heart. You are way off base. I am disappointed so far with her new skates-maybe injury, maybe nerves. YuNa would laugh at her slavish devotees-she is pretty humble-or seemed so in Vancouver.

Let us agree to disagree without being disagreeable. OK? Otherwise we will not have courteous to each other, fair discussion and we do want to enjoy discussion, do we not? That is my true goal. I HOPE IT IS YOUR REASON FOR JOINING ;_)

.The poor woman has major security from the pesty crazies that stalk her and make her life abnormal. She can't walk around and live her life is stuck on a marble pedestal, can she?????? Chan and Kim prove how tough the sport is. I alwaysa hope the best skater wins at the Olympics-the very best that night.

Skateluvr is truly one of the most entertaining posters on GS. I can't resist opening a thread she starts. It's hilarious to watch how she thinks her intentions, mostly taking a swipe at certain skaters, are well hidden, when they are all but transparent to anyone who have been on this board since more than a few days. When she gets revealed, she sends blizzards of personal attacks in the direction of other posters, meanwhile portraying herself as a poor victim of massive bullying.

Rinkside
    Oopsie~ sorry skateluvr if I said something wrong! It didn't mean to beat Mao or anything but was just my opinion. Plus, I'm not even one of those Yuna nor Mao haters/bots!

iS THAT YOU FROM PARIS vEN> OR JUST ANOTHER RARE POSTER. CALLING ALL BOTS. I DOUBT YOU READ ANY THREADS AT ALL, AND SIGN IN WHEN ASKED, UNDER ONE OF YOUR SCREEN NAMES. 7 YEARS 37 POSTS? Let US SEE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS? I WAS ATTACKED, BUT THEN AS A STUFFED ANIMAL, I GUESS YOU CAN'T READ. AND 6 POSTS AVERAGE A YEAR? I'd GUESS THEY MITE BE ABOUT? YUNA? nOT WORTH CHECKING AS YOU are CLEARLY ANOTHER BOT

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    iS THAT YOU FROM PARIS vEN> OR JUST ANOTHER RARE POSTER. CALLING ALL BOTS. I DOUBT YOU READ ANY THREADS AT ALL, AND SIGN IN WHEN ASKED, UNDER ONE OF YOUR SCREEN NAMES. 7 YEARS 37 POSTS? Let US SEE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS? I WAS ATTACKED, BUT THEN AS A STUFFED ANIMAL, I GUESS YOU CAN'T READ. AND 6 POSTS AVERAGE A YEAR? I'd GUESS THEY MITE BE ABOUT? YUNA? nOT WORTH CHECKING AS YOU are CLEARLY ANOTHER BOT
    Did I just say something stupid again? I'm a newbie and wasn't familiar with words. I'm sincerely sorry. I will be quite from now on...

Did I just say something stupid again? I'm a newbie and wasn't familiar with words. I'm sincerely sorry. I will be quite from now on...
    I think she is speaking about verysmuchso, not about you

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast