Who is everyone's guess for ladies podium-can Ashley take bronze? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Who is everyone's guess for ladies podium-can Ashley take bronze?

Barb

Record Breaker
Is it the whole feminine blouse thing? I have no idea what the costume means, but consensus was negative on his outfit in the costume thread. .

It is possible people are saying this just because his costume :rolleye:??? it is absurd :mad:, and it is very common men´s costumes look femenine with the design and all the sparkly things and even so people don´t say that. I have more problem with Machida´s costume (firebird), it is horrible.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
chapis said:
Why people are saying Yuzu is trying portray Julieta ? It is a kind of joke?, he said something about it?, or in what moment in the coreography he seems portray her?

His blouse matched with lacking creativity to come up with better jokes I guess. He doesn't portray Juliet ;)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yuna and Mao will win gold and silver, in whichever order, baring some very strange circumstances.

Bronze is a battle between Julia, Caro, and Ashley, with Akiko as a potential spoiler, and MAYBE Adelina but only because it's in Russia and only if Adelina goes clean and everyone else in contention makes mistakes. (I don't consider Gracie, Mirai, Kanako, Liza, etc. to be in the mix for a medal, they really aren't IMO)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It is possible people are saying this just because his costume :rolleye:??? it is absurd :mad:, and it is very common men´s costumes look femenine with the design and all the sparkly things and even so people don´t say that. I have more problem with Machida´s costume (firebird), it is horrible.

agreed... Machida's is ugly :p

Hanyu's is too generic of a certain type of male skater (which is no surprise given who designed it), but it's not as bad and negative as a small few have made it out to be.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Toni, has anyone -anyone-said they liked poor Yuzu's costume? Poor kid-Johnny's fashion victim. Machida's second toned down costume isn't too bad. Costume 1 was very similar to Flatt's. I loved it on her, tho.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
There is at least one person who likes Yuzurus costume. Yuzuru himself. And that's the important part.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I for 1 loved Machida's Firebird outfit with the feathers. It was perfect for the program.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

I didn't entirely love Machida's costume although his skating has been so impressive this year!

It
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hawdPodU1fE/UmSa1tltZyI/AAAAAAAA0C4/y1YSFkxetdk/s1600/TatsukiMachida.jpg

sort of reminds me of this
http://images.clipartof.com/Royalty...n-Of-A-Cartoon-Perched-Buzzard-1024440721.jpg

and not so much of this
http://angeliqueminiatures.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/the-firebird-large.jpg

Franklin99

Medalist

Thank you dorispulaski for giving me my first laugh of the day. The visual descriptions are hilarious.

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
There is at least one person who likes Yuzurus costume. Yuzuru himself. And that's the important part.

Make that two people! I like it too. And you're right, as long as he likes it, that's what's most important. A skater needs to feel comfortable in what he/she is wearing.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Make that two people! I like it too. And you're right, as long as he likes it, that's what's most important. A skater needs to feel comfortable in what he/she is wearing.

Make it three! And don't forget that Yuzuru had great input into the design. He's doing great things with it, that's what matters! GPF gold and hopefully Oly too!

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
And back to Ashley, I think that Black Swan was her best program and sorry she didn't save it for an Olympic year. That said, I hope she can pull off bronze, but I think Julia will steal it.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Everyone speak about Ashley´s black swan program as a great program, but I hate it :scowl:, really, those arm movements in her spiral :disapp:, I prefer her S/D, it was great, I watched her TEB performance over and over :popcorn::points:, and I loved her yellow dress too.

My favorite part of that program! One man's trash is another man's treasure. :biggrin:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ashley and Adam Rippon were showcased on The Voice finale last night. Carson said they were headed to the Olympics in Sochi... so I guess we know who NBC is pushing (that and David Baden is a GREAT agent :laugh: )

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Ashley and Adam Rippon were showcased on The Voice finale last night. Carson said they were headed to the Olympics in Sochi... so I guess we know who NBC is pushing (that and David Baden is a GREAT agent :laugh: )

The Voice is based in Hollywood, I assume?
Of course, oh-so-convenient for both NBC and the skaters that Wagner and Rippon live/train in the vicinity -- as opposed to Aaron/Abbott/Brown/Farris/Miner.
(One wonders whether Gold as another local was under consideration for the same appearance, but heaven knows that she already is getting more than her share of promotion.)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yes I believe it is in Hollywood - however Baden has been working overtime for Ashley it seems as she is doing more promos than practicing judging by both his and her instagrams :laugh:

NBC is in love with Gracie - I really hope she makes the team for their sake. :laugh:

Puchi

On the Ice
I'd love to see three of these ladies in the olympic podium in any order:

Kostner
Osmond
Wagner
Susuki
Sotnikova
Gold

ice coverage

Record Breaker
yes I believe it is in Hollywood - however Baden has been working overtime for Ashley it seems as she is doing more promos than practicing judging by both his and her instagrams :laugh:

NBC is in love with Gracie - I really hope she makes the team for their sake. :laugh:

Agreed that Baden has been going full steam on Wagner's behalf.

But I'll put it this way:
In terms of this one (very visible) appearance on The Voice, I believe that Wagner lucked out that she now calls southern California home. If she trained on the East Coast and if Rippon still trained in Detroit or Toronto, I doubt that either one would have been chosen.

It happened to work out very nicely for them and for NBC that they both are contenders for Sochi and that the set of The Voice was only a car ride away.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

I'd like to see Adam on the team, and I think he is good enough to make it, but to say he is headed to Sochi is a bit presumptuous.