Mao Asada's skating type | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada's skating type

pec0

Match Penalty
This is very surprising to hear. Are you talking about a few specific Japanese news outlets or commentators in particular? From the few news reports I see every year, the people seem positive towards Mao. In fact, they seem positive towards every skater (but then again, I can't actually understand what they're saying).

Every one of them concentrated explain on Kim Yu Na's success and Mao's failure.The leader is Japan Skate Federation where Amano Shin is one of key persons. Aoshima is known by hate comments on Mao. It was said a bit weired. Japan and Korea are different country, but comments and pics on Kim Yu Na inserted in every sports news. Although journalism in Japan changed a bit from this season. Some started to value Mao's efforts.

cinnamon

On the Ice
I don't think the Conway was bashing Mao at all. Mao's long program was not her cup of tea, but she did point out some nice things about Mao's technical ability. And I think that's understandable. Not every skater appeals to every person. But also, Conway did point out that Mao was capable of giving "more" as demonstrated by her step sequence--which I don't think is too much to ask--and that she would like Mao to show more of that. So really, I think she was commenting on what Mao could improve on. Slater also added that he didn't think Mao was skating with the same abandon (for lack of a better word) that she had in the short program at that event.
That's what Aoshima is talking about, I think. People here use the word "style", but she is talking about "type" of person who Mao is, which reflects on her skating.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I think I'll take Mao's explanation of why she sticks with the 3A - she considers it her signature, and she wants to give a performance she herself can be proud of at the Olympics (which I imagine means she wants to land 3A in the SP, and two 3A's in the FS...)