Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed rosters Europeans 2014

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar

Confirmed rosters Europeans 2014

The German team has been unveiled, see here. No surprises here.

Ladies
    Nathalie Weinzierl
    Sarah Hecken

Men
    Peter Liebers
    Franz Streubel

Pairs
    Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy
    Maylin Wende/Daniel Wende
    Mari Vartmann/Aaron van Cleave

Ice Dance
    Nelli Zhiganshina/Alexander Gazsi
    Tanja Kolbe/Stefano Caruso

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    The Danish team has also been confirmed, see here. Again no surprises.

Ladies
    Anita Madsen

Men
    Justus Strid

^ No big surprises in your neighbour countries either, but GO Sondre and Isabelle in your first big international senior competition

Norway
    Ladies: Anne Line Gjersem
    Men: Sondre Odvoll Bøe

Sweden
    Ladies: Viktoria + Joshi Helgesson and Isabelle Olsson
    Men: Alexander Majorov and one to be decided… probably Ondrej Spiegl if he is injury free. I 'm not sure if there is another man with the required scores….

The Norwegian olympic comitee has stated that Anne Line needs to be top 8 in euros to be be considered good enough to get to go to Sochi, even though she qualified a spot at nebelhorn... and shes been injured lately. So happy for Sondre, hes been in top form all season!

The second Swedish man is 15 years old Ilya Solomin, the new Swedish Junior Champion. I didn't think he had the required scores, or maybe he will compete somewhere before Euros. Congrats, how exciting it must be for him.

His SP from 3.12.45
    His FS from 5.00.10

Quote Originally Posted by SaraM View Post
    The Norwegian olympic comitee has stated that Anne Line needs to be top 8 in euros to be be considered good enough to get to go to Sochi, even though she qualified a spot at nebelhorn
    Oh no, that's hard on her :(

I can't believe the stupidity of having someone qualify the first spot for your country in fifty years and then leaving her at home. Send Anne Line to Sochi!

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    The second Swedish man is 15 years old Ilya Solomin, the new Swedish Junior Champion. I didn't think he had the required scores, or maybe he will compete somewhere before Euros. Congrats, how exciting it must be for him.
    I checked and he has the minimums from Ice Challenge Graz. Ilya should be good to go for Euros.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraM View Post
    The Norwegian olympic comitee has stated that Anne Line needs to be top 8 in euros to be be considered good enough to get to go to Sochi, even though she qualified a spot at nebelhorn... and shes been injured lately. So happy for Sondre, hes been in top form all season!
    Her chances of making the top 8 are sadly pretty much none. Her spot will go to Januleviciute who hasn't had a good season so far (he only good performance was at Nebelhorn IIRC).

He got both the SP and FS TES at 2013 Ice Challenge (competing in Junior Men).

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I can't believe the stupidity of having someone qualify the first spot for your country in fifty years and then leaving her at home. Send Anne Line to Sochi!
    Sadly more skaters might meet this fate. Hendrickx needs to be top 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Sadly more skaters might meet this fate. Hendrickx needs to be top 12.
    That's far more achievable for him than a top 8 for Gjersem. And it just seems even more galling when qualifying an Olympic spot is such a breakthrough for a country and a skater.

BTW, no shenanigans this time from the Israeli Olympic committee. Davidovich/Krasnapolski and Bychenko have been confirmed for the Olympic team.

Yeah, we should write to the Norwegian olympic committé and tell them how stupid they are Reminds me of Sweden being stupid not sending Kristoffer Berntsson to Salt Lake City 2002. Athletes work hard and for some it takes time and expierence to succed.

I checked and he has the minimums from Ice Challenge Graz. Ilya should be good to go for Euros.
    Cool, I'm so happy for him... one for the future. Are the required tech scores 25 and 36?

That's far more achievable for him than a top 8 for Gjersem. And it just seems even more galling when qualifying an Olympic spot is such a breakthrough for a country and a skater.

BTW, no shenanigans this time from the Israeli Olympic committee. Davidovich/Krasnapolski and Bychenko have been confirmed for the Olympic team.
    Exactly! Norway should be celebrating and pushing Anne Line. WOW to have a top athlete at olympics in another winter sport. I wish Norwegians shouldn't must have skis under their feet to be appriciated

Good for the Israeli team

Custom Title
    I don't even understand... Why wouldn't they send her? I can't even seem to frame the question coherently... I'm speechless. Stupidity has this effect on me. I'm just left asking: Why?

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Given the crap Katz went through, I wonder what changed their minds this time.

Cool, I'm so happy for him... one for the future. Are the required tech scores 25 and 36?
    25 for the SP and 45 for the FS.

Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    I don't even understand... Why wouldn't they send her? I can't even seem to frame the question coherently... I'm speechless. Stupidity has this effect on me. I'm just left asking: Why?
    If every country followed the 'we won't send you unless you can challenge for the medals' policy, we'd end up with less than 10 skaters taking part in Olympics...

Custom Title
    I know! I mean, I wonder if the ladies who end up 9-10th at Euros - for example - realise just what a disgrace to figure skating they are... according to the exalted standards of the Norwegian fed? And that if they go to Sochi they will bring shame and ignominy, not only on themselves - which may not matter - but also onto their Nations? (shakes head) It's just so silly.. Which may not matter so much, except real people - like Anne Line - get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Given the crap Katz went through, I wonder what changed their minds this time.
    Katz only qualified as an alternate at Nebelhorn, so maybe that had something to do with it - she got in because Georgia didn't need two spots, but her best season was 2006-7 so the Euros standard she was set was just too much. Bychenko had to be one of the top three qualifiers at NT and he was the first, so he was in no matter what. I'm not sure what D/K's standard was, but I guess what they did was good enough. They're looking pretty good for a pair who's been together for less than a year.

Custom Title
    The Hungarian team:

Men - Kristóf Forgó
    Ice dance - Dóra Turóczi / Balázs Major

Although Márton Markó became the national champion this season, Kristóf Forgó will go to Euros. He was ill at nationals according to the federation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast