Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Confirmed rosters Europeans 2014

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    So the decision to send Forgó was based on his previous results being better than Markó's?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    So the decision to send Forgó was based on his previous results being better than Markó's?
    The most important reason has to be that (as far as I know) Markó doesn't have the minimum TES scores while Forgó does. But probably what you said is also one of the reasons for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    I don't even understand... Why wouldn't they send her? I can't even seem to frame the question coherently... I'm speechless. Stupidity has this effect on me. I'm just left asking: Why?
    We cant understand it either... i guess they dont want her ro place last, which shouldt matter since norway hasent had a lady in the olympics since the 60,s. Anne Lines coach have been talking a lot to the comitee and explaining the high level in skating so now they dont require any placements but they have said that she needs to deliever at europeans to be sent, if she bombs at euros shes out... pressure is on her like crazy and shes been getting a lot of media attention in norway. Shes currently training for euros in sweden

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraM View Post
    We cant understand it either... i guess they dont want her ro place last, which shouldt matter since norway hasent had a lady in the olympics since the 60,s. Anne Lines coach have been talking a lot to the comitee and explaining the high level in skating so now they dont require any placements but they have said that she needs to deliever at europeans to be sent, if she bombs at euros shes out... pressure is on her like crazy and shes been getting a lot of media attention in norway. Shes currently training for euros in sweden
    Thank you for the update. It's great news. Whilst I think that requiring top 8 - especially in that context - is crazy, I think it's fair to expect a skater to perform to a reasonable level in order to go to the Olympics. And by that I mean, perform most of the elements they are capable of and not bomb. The pressure on her will be very high but that's part of sport. I hope she can deliver.

Custom Title
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/1015_plyucsh...pionat-evropy/

Maxim Kovtun
    Sergei Voronov
    Konstantin Menshov

Adelina Sotnikova
    Julia Lipnitskaia
    Alena Leonova

Tatiana Volosozhar / Maxim Trankov
    Ksenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimov
    Vera Bazarova / Yuri Larionov

Elena Ilinykh / Nikita Katsalapov
    Victoria Sinitsina / Ruslan Zhiganshin
    Ekaterina Riazanova / Ilia Tkachenko

Custom Title
    French Team : http://www.ledauphine.com/sport/2013...s-la-selection

3 Men :
    Florent Amodio
    Brian Joubert
    Chafik Besseghier

2 Ladies :
    Maé-Bérénice Meité
    Laurine Lecavelier

3 Pairs :
    Vanessa James / Morgan Cipres
    Daria Popova / Bruno Massot (make a test before Euro)
    no third pairs

2 Ice Dancing :
    Nathalie Péchalat / Fabian Bourzat
    Pernelle Carron / Lloyd Jones
    Substituts : Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Katz only qualified as an alternate at Nebelhorn, so maybe that had something to do with it - she got in because Georgia didn't need two spots, but her best season was 2006-7 so the Euros standard she was set was just too much. Bychenko had to be one of the top three qualifiers at NT and he was the first, so he was in no matter what. I'm not sure what D/K's standard was, but I guess what they did was good enough. They're looking pretty good for a pair who's been together for less than a year.
    Bychenko has been working for this for 4 years, well deserved….D/K needed to quickly fill the shoes left when his old partner broker her ankle. They were supposed to be the Team going…..were on their way from what I have been told...There wasn't a standard just needing Olympic qualifiers . Feel really bad for Katz it was sad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2