Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Entries for the 2014 Russian Championships

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    V/T are skippin nationals?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    Yeah, they are skipping it. (Incidentally, Savchenko/Szolkovy skipped this year's German Nationals as well).

I'm not sure but I assume that as World Champions Volosozhar/Trankov are automatically qualified for the Olympics. So why take the risk of injuring yourself when you don't need to?

But Tatiana and Maxim are in the arena. The TV coverage just showed them in the audience when Alexander Samarin was coming off the ice after his SP. And they were shown again during Samarin's highlights package.

Good to see them supporting those that are competing!

CaroLiza_fan
    Trankov is a commentator for the pairs competition at Russian Nats, per his Twitter and Instagram posts.

His photo shows only Trankov himself on headset. (No indication either way whether Volosozhar also is a commentator or not.)

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Trankov is a commentator for the pairs competition at Russian Nats, per his Twitter and Instagram posts.

His photo shows only Trankov himself on headset. (No indication either way whether Volosozhar also is a commentator or not.)
    It was probably Tatiana taking the photo!!!

They just showed Tatiana during the Group 2 Warm-up, and she wasn't wearing any headsets or anything. And there's been no female voices on the commentary I'm listening to.

Unless, of course, she's on a different channel, and was taking a break during adverts...

Incidentally, I see Alena Leonova is still in the audience, after being picked out during the Men's SP.

CaroLiza_fan

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    It was probably Tatiana taking the photo!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3