18. A. Pogorilaia

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The two old men right next to each other :D

And the last group!

Of all the contenders Gachinski will skate last. I wonder what effect that will have.

Given the level of skating in Russia, it's a shame they don't allow more than 18 single skaters.

Which Ladies are and aren't age eligible for seniors? Medvedeva, Sakhanovich, Radionova and Proklova are below 15. Anybody else?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
that order list was the result of the draw earlier

live results page will only be displayed tommorow
also there will be free live streaming on russian channels
expect the stadium to be half full as some children might be given free admission

hanca

Record Breaker
Given the level of skating in Russia, it's a shame they don't allow more than 18 single skaters.

Which Ladies are and aren't age eligible for seniors? Medvedeva, Sakhanovich, Radionova and Proklova are below 15. Anybody else?

I think Alsou Kayumova (DOB 12.07.1999), Diana Shamsutdinova (DOB 18.01.1999) and Alina Maksimova (22.02.1999) are not senior eligible. So out of 18 ladies it will be 7 not eligible...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
V/T are skippin nationals?

Yeah, they are skipping it. (Incidentally, Savchenko/Szolkovy skipped this year's German Nationals as well).

I'm not sure but I assume that as World Champions Volosozhar/Trankov are automatically qualified for the Olympics. So why take the risk of injuring yourself when you don't need to?

But Tatiana and Maxim are in the arena. The TV coverage just showed them in the audience when Alexander Samarin was coming off the ice after his SP. And they were shown again during Samarin's highlights package.

Good to see them supporting those that are competing!

CaroLiza_fan

ice coverage

Record Breaker
V/T are skippin nationals?

Yeah, they are skipping it. (Incidentally, Savchenko/Szolkovy skipped this year's German Nationals as well).

I'm not sure but I assume that as World Champions Volosozhar/Trankov are automatically qualified for the Olympics. So why take the risk of injuring yourself when you don't need to?

But Tatiana and Maxim are in the arena. The TV coverage just showed them in the audience when Alexander Samarin was coming off the ice after his SP. And they were shown again during Samarin's highlights package.

Good to see them supporting those that are competing!

CaroLiza_fan

Trankov is a commentator for the pairs competition at Russian Nats, per his Twitter and Instagram posts.

His photo shows only Trankov himself on headset. (No indication either way whether Volosozhar also is a commentator or not.)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Trankov is a commentator for the pairs competition at Russian Nats, per his Twitter and Instagram posts.

His photo shows only Trankov himself on headset. (No indication either way whether Volosozhar also is a commentator or not.)

It was probably Tatiana taking the photo!!! ;) :laugh:

They just showed Tatiana during the Group 2 Warm-up, and she wasn't wearing any headsets or anything. And there's been no female voices on the commentary I'm listening to.

Unless, of course, she's on a different channel, and was taking a break during adverts...

Incidentally, I see Alena Leonova is still in the audience, after being picked out during the Men's SP.

CaroLiza_fan