latest on Kiira? Caro? Osmond? | Golden Skate

latest on Kiira? Caro? Osmond?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Please update us on these three-their health, if two will do Euros? How is Kaetlyn? Any info appreciate,,,:)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kiira Korpi is injured and could not compete at Nebelhorn. The Finnish skater who did compete could not earn a spot for Sochi. Kiira hasn't competed since the GPF last December. I'm not sure if the GP scores from last season count towards the minimum score requirements for 2014 Euros, or even if Kiira is recovered enough to compete at Euros.

Kostner won't skate at Nationals but will skate at Euros in January.

supsu

On the Ice
Kiira isn't doing her jumps yet with my last knowledge although training 5-6 times /week on ice. She's going back to states in january. The new national winner Juulia Turkkila will go to Euros.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
So Finland has not even one spot for the ladies???? I did not know this. So, it sounds like we will never see her compete again? This is awful, as she really was still growing as an athlete. So little has been said here about her, and that is where I look for news.

I really missed her this season, and Osmund is so charming. I thank you for that link. Does anyone know what exactly is caro's injury and how serious it is? thank you.

supsu

On the Ice
I have strong believe in Kiira. In her interviews she hasn't said anything close to quitting but to take it slow with properly healing her injury. Hopefully it'll work out great. I also think that her moving to train in the states was a big thing for her mentally and i think it would bring a lot to her skating. Also Finland can't afford not have her in the picture cause they have no other top skater at the moment..

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Oh, this is sad as I also enjoyed very much Laura Lepisto. I know people didn't like it when she won the bronze at Worlds but given that an injury ended her career not long after, I was happy for her, and happy to see destiny or what have you, give her a happy ending. Kiira has grown on me over the years. I like her costumes, always different-more European than NA tastes, but elegant, simple, not overdone. She really is a beautiful vision on the ice. There are so many stunning skaters, and she certainly is one-a good athlete and a maturing artist.

I really hope to see her again and healthy.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kiira is 25 now and it will not be easy for her to return from the type of chronic injury she has. The injury is painful and the pain is relieved with rest but returns when she returns to full skating activity.

Finland does have a promising junior skater in 13-year-old Jenni Saarinen.

npavel

On the Ice
Kiira isn't doing her jumps yet with my last knowledge although training 5-6 times /week on ice. She's going back to states in january. The new national winner Juulia Turkkila will go to Euros.
article dated Nov. 29
http://www.aamulehti.fi/Urheilu/119...rpi+palaa+kaliforniaan+vasta+ensi+vuonna.html
with translator
Kiira Korpi thought in October that she will return to train with the United States in December. Now it seems she will return next year. Rehabilitation is well, but I do not want to rush, I talked to my coach Rafael Arutunian, and he agreed, Korpi says. She returned on the ice in early November and has been practising in Helsinki. She is still in pain and feels like an electric shock, but the doctor and a physiotherapist have said that it is a good thing. The pain in this case is a good signal. She is supposed to move slowly towards the basic skating, spins and jumps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8etkXgvvg

Sochi_2014

On the Ice

She's fabulous! Certainly one to watch in the future. She is very mature and calm for a 13 year old. She's just a junior now right? When will she move up to senior, does anyone know?

pohatta

On the Ice
Is it just me or does this 13 year old from Finland actually look older than some of the supposedly 15 year old Russian ballerina?

She's not 13, she'll be 15 next March, which means she's old enough for 2015 Euros/Worlds.

Sara

On the Ice
Jenni is the most talented Finnish skater in a long time, alongside Kiira and Laura of course ;) I would say that Jenni is more consistent and talented jumper than K & L ever were. The video posted above doesn't really do justice for her. I saw Jenni in another competition just recently where she skated both her SP and FP perfectly. In an interview she said she would like to be in top 10 in the upcoming junior worlds. Her idols include Kiira (with whom she trained until last Summer) and Gracie Gold.

Here's another talented young Finn (Emmi Peltonen) who won silver at junior nationals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63g2yesxnxU

About Kiira's injury, I really hope she makes full recovery but I'm not too optimistic taking into account the fact that she has been struggling with achilles problems for a few years already.

Barb

Record Breaker
Wow, both are great, especially Jenni :love:, and she is only 14yo :eek:????, her skating is so mature and much more refined than Elena R. and Anna P.

Johar

Medalist
Oh, this is sad as I also enjoyed very much Laura Lepisto. I know people didn't like it when she won the bronze at Worlds but given that an injury ended her career not long after, I was happy for her, and happy to see destiny or what have you, give her a happy ending. Kiira has grown on me over the years. I like her costumes, always different-more European than NA tastes, but elegant, simple, not overdone. She really is a beautiful vision on the ice. There are so many stunning skaters, and she certainly is one-a good athlete and a maturing artist.

I really hope to see her again and healthy.

I really miss watching her skate this season. I also like her costumes and elegance.

MalloryArcher

On the Ice
Jenni is the most talented Finnish skater in a long time, alongside Kiira and Laura of course ;) I would say that Jenni is more consistent and talented jumper than K & L ever were. The video posted above doesn't really do justice for her. I saw Jenni in another competition just recently where she skated both her SP and FP perfectly. In an interview she said she would like to be in top 10 in the upcoming junior worlds. Her idols include Kiira (with whom she trained until last Summer) and Gracie Gold.

Here's another talented young Finn (Emmi Peltonen) who won silver at junior nationals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63g2yesxnxU

About Kiira's injury, I really hope she makes full recovery but I'm not too optimistic taking into account the fact that she has been struggling with achilles problems for a few years already.

There's also Liubov Efimenko from Lahti, who won silver in the senior level and was only a few points behind Juulia.

EDIT: I see you mentioned her in another post!