Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Throw Triple Axel and S/S

Medalist
    I kind of now am hoping that Russia will win pairs gold (V and T) I guess S and S are just playing and manipulating the rules the best they can even if it smells funny it is legal. Basically they know they aren't contenders for a team memdal so they are saving themselves for the pairs title. And the odds are that they are going to land that darn3A remember Susan Lucci finally did win that Emmy. I hope it isn't at Olympics and they win simply because of that - something just doenst'feeli rght though it I slegal and that's life. It is a huge risk - th ey could win gold and end on an upbeat but if it isn't clean I hope they get hammered - though they won't. They want the drama, they want the Oly gold.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
    Basically they know they aren't contenders for a team memdal so they are saving themselves for the pairs title. [...] they want the Oly gold.
    I have condensed this for you to the correct and relevant information.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    I kind of now am hoping that Russia will win pairs gold (V and T) I guess S and S are just playing and manipulating the rules the best they can even if it smells funny it is legal. Basically they know they aren't contenders for a team memdal so they are saving themselves for the pairs title. And the odds are that they are going to land that darn3A remember Susan Lucci finally did win that Emmy. I hope it isn't at Olympics and they win simply because of that - something just doenst'feeli rght though it I slegal and that's life. It is a huge risk - th ey could win gold and end on an upbeat but if it isn't clean I hope they get hammered - though they won't. They want the drama, they want the Oly gold.
    seriously, what are you talking about?
    It smells funny that they don't participate in the Team event? It doesn't feel right? They want the drama? It's the same as a swimmer who might win individually and doesn't participate in a relay shortly before where his team can't contend for a medal and that would be detrimental for his performance. How is that drama?
    Oh, I see your description says "tripping on the podium". ok.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Why should it be illegal not to compete in the team event? V/T could also say no to the team event and Russia would still have a chance at the gold medal. While Germany has no chance of any coloured medal. What drama? I don't get it. I think it is not necessarily a disadvantage to skate in the team event. Maybe you feel more assured for later on, even..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2