Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: American Championships: Predictions Game Round 5

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar

American Championships: Predictions Game Round 5

Here is the thread where you can make your predictions for the American Championships.

Entries/Results Page:
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...s/results.html

Thank you golden411!!!

PDF of entries: http://www.usfsa.org/content/2014%20qualifiers.pdf

Thank you Mrs. P!!!

Timetable:
    http://www.boston2014.com/event-info/schedule/

The Senior competitions start on Thursday 9th January 2014 at 16:15 EST (21:15 GMT) with the Pairs Short.

So, predictions need to be in 1 hour before that, i.e. 15:15 EST (20:15 GMT)

Entries

Ladies:

Men:

1. 8:12PM Philip Warren, All Year FSC
    2. 8:19PM Richard Dornbush, All Year FSC
    3. 8:26PM Sean Rabbitt, Glacier Falls FSC
    4. 8:33PM Keegan Messing, Alaska Assoc of Figure Skaters
    5. 8:47PM Douglas Razzano, Coyotes SC of Arizona
    6. 8:54PM Scott Dyer, Brooklyn FSC of Ohio
    7. 9:01PM Brandon Mroz, Broadmoor SC
    8. 9:08PM Stephen Carriere, SC Of Boston
    9. 9:15PM Jason Brown, Skokie Valley SC
    10. 9:59PM Timothy Dolensky, Atlanta FSC
    11. 10:06PM Daniel Raad, Southwest Florida FSC
    12. 10:13PM Ross Miner, SC Of Boston
    13. 10:20PM Robert Przepioski, Rochester FSC
    14. 10:27PM Adam Rippon, SC of New York
    15. 10:41PM Jeremy Abbott, Detroit SC
    16. 10:48PM Joshua Farris, Broadmoor SC
    17. 10:55PM Max Aaron, Broadmoor SC
    18. 11:02PM Lukas Kaugars, Broadmoor SC
    19. 11:09PM Grant Hochstein, SC of New York
    WD. Evan Lysacek (DuPage FSC) WITHDRAWN

Pairs:

WD. Britney Simpson (Broadmoor SC)/Matthew Blackmer (All Year FSC) WITHDRAWN

Dance:

As you can see, there is a bumper entry in all four categories. So, like Russian and Chinese Nationals, ALL categories will count towards the Game score.

Let the fun begin!!!

CaroLiza_fan

I'm going to go ahead and make my initial guess. I'll probably change my mind about 70 times between now and the deadline.

Men
    1.) Adam Rippon
    2.) Max Aaron
    3.) Jason Brown
    4.) Jeremy Abbott
    5.) Joshua Farris
    6.) Stephen Carriere

Ladies
    1.) Ashley Wagner
    2.) Gracie Gold
    3.) Mirai Nagasu
    4.) Christina Gao
    5.) Polina Edmunds
    6.) Courtney Hicks

Pairs
    1.) Denny/Coughlin
    2.) Castelli/Shnpair
    3.) Scimeca/Knierim
    5.) Zhang/Bartholomay
    5.) Donlan/Speroff
    6.) Denney/Frazier

Dance
    1.) Davis/White
    2.) Shibutanis
    3.) Chock/Bates
    4.) Hubbell/Donohue
    5.) Kriengkrairut/Giulieti-Schmitt
    6.) Cannuscio/McManus

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and make my initial guess. I'll probably change my mind about 70 times between now and the deadline.
    I'll probably be the same with the American Nationals.
    And Russian...
    And Japanese...
    And Canadian...

Have we got a definite entry list for US Nationals yet? I've just been looking on the boston2014 website, and can't find any.

By the way, I've replied to your comment about Polina K in the Russian Predictions thread.

CaroLiza_fan

Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    I'll probably be the same with the American Nationals.
    And Russian...
    And Japanese...
    And Canadian...

Have we got a definite entry list for US Nationals yet? I've just been looking on the boston2014 website, and can't find any.

By the way, I've replied to your comment about Polina K in the Russian Predictions thread.

CaroLiza_fan
    Here you go!!

http://www.usfsa.org/content/events/...qualifiers.pdf

Thank you so much!!!

I'll copy the lists straight into the post for now. Then when the results page is set up, I'll replace the lists with the starting order for the SP (like in the Italian Predictions thread).

CaroLiza_fan

Ahhhhhh!!! Gave you last year's list!!! Sorry about that! Here is the correct one:
    http://www.usfsa.org/content/2014%20qualifiers.pdf

Ahhhhhh!!! Gave you last year's list!!! Sorry about that! Here is the correct one:
    http://www.usfsa.org/content/2014%20qualifiers.pdf
    Phew! Thank goodness that was noticed in time! Because I was planning on spending this hour linking up ISU Bios!

You know, I thought it was funny that Alissa and Jonny were on the list when they had already said they weren't competing. But, since it said "withdrawn", I didn't think any more of it.

Don't worry about it, Mrs. P! I've made plenty of simple mistakes these past few days, so I can totally relate!

I'm just putting up the revised list now.

CaroLiza_fan

A few items of note before you start linking:

** Evan Lysacek is out
    ** Brittany Simpson/Matthew Blackmer ended their partnership, so they are out as well.

ISU Bio links are now up.

There were a few changes in partnerships in the Nationals entry list compared to the ISU Bio list, so here are the Bios I have used.

Dance:
    Isabella CANNUSCIO (with Ian LORELLO)
    Michael BRAMANTE (with Kaitlin HAWAYEK)
    Anastasia OLSON (with Jordan COWAN)
    Ian LORELLO (with Isabella CANNUSCIO)
    Andrejs SITIKS (with Jekaterina SERGEJEVA)

A few items of note before you start linking:

** Evan Lysacek is out
    ** Brittany Simpson/Matthew Blackmer ended their partnership, so they are out as well.
    Thank you. I've kept them on the list, but have replaced the number with "WD".

CaroLiza_fan

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Phew! Thank goodness that was noticed in time! Because I was planning on spending this hour linking up ISU Bios!
    I am not playing the game, so I should not stick my nose in .. but I really cannot help myself #SorryNotSorry:

CL_fan, I must say that I think you are going waaaaaay above and beyond the call of duty to provide hyperlinks to the many, many bios.

To save yourself a lot of trouble, I think that it would more than suffice simply to offer links to the four ISU pages that in turn provide the bio links for each discipline.
    And a link to the IceNetwork general bio page where one can search by name for individual skaters.

The wonderful Mao88 , to whom we all are so grateful, already spoils us with so many links to competition videos.

Obviously, I admire and appreciate your dedication as well, CL_fan, but the rest of us are going to get even "fatter and lazier" , so to speak, if you spoil us this way too. [ETA, of course, you already spoil GS members in another way with your exhaustive research on streaming of competitions. ]
    I for one encourage you not to go to such extraordinary lengths.
    Just setting up the basic structure of the game (apart from the bio links) as you are doing is a sizable contribution unto itself.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    CL_fan, I must say that I think you are going waaaaaay above and beyond the call of duty to provide hyperlinks to the many, many bios.
    Indeed. While I'm sure I speak for most people when I say we love you for your effort and dedication... please don't burn yourself out!

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    I am not playing the game, so I should not stick my nose in .. but I really cannot help myself #SorryNotSorry:

To save yourself a lot of trouble, I think that it would more than suffice simply to offer links to the four ISU pages that in turn provide the bio links for each discipline.
    And a link to the IceNetwork general bio page where one can search by name for individual skaters.

The wonderful Mao88 , to whom we all are so grateful, already spoils us with so many links to competition videos.

Obviously, I admire and appreciate your dedication as well, CL_fan, but the rest of us are going to get even "fatter and lazier" , so to speak, if you spoil us this way too. [ETA, of course, you already spoil GS members in another way with your exhaustive research on streaming of competitions. ]
    I for one encourage you not to go to such extraordinary lengths.
    Just setting up the basic structure of the game (apart from the bio links) as you are doing is a sizable contribution unto itself.
    Wow! I wasn't expecting such praise. There really is no need!

The thing is, I am not providing anything that we didn't have during the GP Game. The difference is, during the ISU competitions, the links are provided on the Results Pages. All I am doing is providing them in an alternative place.

It always winds me up that the Results Pages of national Championships do not provide any information about the competitors. And when you are trying to make predictions on skaters you are unfamiliar with, it really is invaluable having information about them.

I just thought that since I was looking up all the Bios anyway, I may as well add the links to the post while I was doing it! Like, it does not take a lot of effort - just copy on one page, and paste onto the other. It only takes a couple of seconds for each skater.

The TV schedules, on the other hand, take an awful lot more time and effort. And, I do find making them out is draining.

But I enjoy trying to help people out. The way I look at it is if I want to look something up, then chances are that at least one other person wants to look it up as well. And, what is the point of have 2 people doing exactly the same thing?

Although I am the one that is posting all this stuff in the lead up to each round of the Game, I am not actually doing that much otherwise.

The spreadsheet was set up by another member (pitterpatter).

All the scoring is being done by other members (Li'Kitsu, guenever, Wilhelmina and FSGMT).

They are the ones that are doing the hard work.

So, providing all this information in one handy place is my way of making myself feel as if I am doing something productive towards the game.

CaroLiza_fan

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Thank you so much!

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    ... The TV schedules, on the other hand, take an awful lot more time and effort. And, I do find making them out is draining.

But I enjoy trying to help people out. ...

So, providing all this information in one handy place is my way of making myself feel as if I am doing something productive towards the game.

CaroLiza_fan
    LOL, "something" would be an understatement, I'd say. Your energy and productivity are exemplary, as is your instinct to help others -- and to give credit to others.

The spreadsheet was set up by another member (pitterpatter).

All the scoring is being done by other members (Li'Kitsu, guenever, Wilhelmina and FSGMT).
    Hats off to the entire group that is orchestrating the game for nationals -- and to the group that orchestrated the game for GPs. (And to last year's group.)

Okay. Going to get these in now so I don't forget like I did for Japan and Russia.

Ladies:

1. Wagner
    2. Gold
    3. Nagasu
    4. Gao
    5. Edmunds
    6. Cesario

Men:

1. Rippon
    2. Aaron
    3. Brown
    4. Abbot