Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NBCSN to show Olympic Figure Skating LIVE on TV

Custom Title
    it is shown on NBC itself on Thursdya night - so not live but at least we can see it and of course it is live on nbcsports.com
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    One little caveat:
    NBCSN will not be showing the first day of team skating competition (which takes place the day before the opening ceremony).
    So team/pairs SP and team/men's SP will not be shown.
    Official NBC press release:

ETA, as for odd hours, not so much (excerpt below is from the press release).

Following is a breakdown of NBCSN’s figure skating coverage:

Date Time (ET) Event/Program
    • Sat., Feb. 8 9:30 a.m. Team Event: Ice Dancing Short, Ladies’ Short, Pairs’ Free
    • Sun., Feb. 9 10 a.m. Team Event: Men’s Free, Ice Dancing Free, Ladies’ Free
    • Tues., Feb. 11 10 a.m. Pairs Short
    • Wed., Feb. 12 10:45 a.m. Pairs Free
    • Thurs., Feb. 13 10 a.m. Men’s Short
    • Fri., Feb. 14 10 a.m. Men’s Free
    • Sun., Feb. 16 10 a.m. Ice Dancing Short
    • Mon., Feb. 17 10 a.m. Ice Dancing Free
    • Wed., Feb. 19 10 a.m. Ladies’ Short
    • Thurs., Feb. 20 10 a.m. Ladies’ Free

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gottadance View Post
    it is shown on NBC itself on Thursdya night - so not live but at least we can see it and of course it is live on nbcsports.com
    Yup -- although you mean NBCOlympics.com.

Lest you wonder, the background/context for the post that you quoted:
    When the OP started this thread on Dec 17, the original title was: "NBCSN to show COMPLETE Olympic Figure Skating LIVE on TV."
    The post of mine that you quoted above also was from Dec 17 -- and one of its purposes was to politely correct the misperception (re "complete" skating) in the original thread title.
    Unfortunately, the misperception has persisted. Tonight (Feb 1), someone started a thread in Olympics subforum asking why NBCSN had no Thursday listing.

Custom Title
    To other NBCSN viewers:

I guess this is unprecedented having ALL skating programs covered on-air?! Luckily DISH has Universal Sports and NBCSN - but yes, it costs dearly.

This may seem an ignorant question, and I'm not even completely sure how to word it, but I am wondering how you plan to watch? Do you plan to watch all the programs on NBCSN? Or watch some on NBCSN and then switch to the NBC pre-packaged telecast?

I assume you could watch it all on NBCSN and know who wins SP, LP and the medals. I'm just wondering if doing so might not be as exciting as watching the NBC show with all the bells and whistles? Naturally prime time will likely air only the final flight (or final two at most). As of now, I'm going to watch Saturday on NBCSN then also watch the prime time telecast and see what I like better. Maybe a mix of both?

Again, I know this may be a bizarre question, but I'm wondering if anyone else has thought about it??

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waxel View Post
    To other NBCSN viewers:

I guess this is unprecedented having ALL skating programs covered on-air?! Luckily DISH has Universal Sports and NBCSN - but yes, it costs dearly.

This may seem an ignorant question, and I'm not even completely sure how to word it, but I am wondering how you plan to watch? Do you plan to watch all the programs on NBCSN? Or watch some on NBCSN and then switch to the NBC pre-packaged telecast?

I assume you could watch it all on NBCSN and know who wins SP, LP and the medals. I'm just wondering if doing so might not be as exciting as watching the NBC show with all the bells and whistles? Naturally prime time will likely air only the final flight (or final two at most). As of now, I'm going to watch Saturday on NBCSN then also watch the prime time telecast and see what I like better. Maybe a mix of both?

Again, I know this may be a bizarre question, but I'm wondering if anyone else has thought about it??

I'm gonna watch it live and on prime time. I don't think that will be enough so I'll probably have to watch all the performances on YouTube in between and for days following. I've already put in at work for the 19th and 20th off so I'll have more than enough time! Feel free to judge me.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I'm gonna watch it live and on prime time. I don't think that will be enough so I'll probably have to watch all the performances on YouTube in between and for days following. I've already put in at work for the 19th and 20th off so I'll have more than enough time! Feel free to judge me.
    Definitely not judging. In fact, your intention not to miss a thing makes me smile ... so if you are not already aware of the online show below, it might interest you. (The excerpted post below is from the US commentators thread.)

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    OLYMPIC ICE: Olympic Ice, a studio show available on NBCOlympics.com and NBC Sports Live Extra, will offer verified viewers a comprehensive review of all the figure skating news and highlights taking place each day during the Sochi Games. It will air at 5:30 p.m. ET on most days, from February 7-21. Russ Thaler will host the 30-minute show, and will be joined by analyst and 2002 Olympic gold medal-winning figure skater Sarah Hughes.

Rinkside
    Long time member & lurker. I'm shy I guess. For anyone with DirectTV, it's channel 220. So excited to know I have this channel and can watch in HD, unlike Universal Sports. And I plan to watch both, live & prime time!

Custom Title
    I even got Saturday morning off from work so i can see all the competition. Now i just need to figure out how to get off work early Sunday morning.

I got my lovely dad to give me access to his DirecTV account.....so I can watch the internet streaming on my iPad and on my computer. YAY!

That said, I still love watching prime time coverage....there's always something interesting. And it's a chance to watch sports I might not be interested in watching in real time.

The timing couldn't be better for some events. I can actually catch some of it before work and during lunch..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3