NBCSN to show Olympic Figure Skating LIVE on TV | Golden Skate

NBCSN to show Olympic Figure Skating LIVE on TV

samson

Medalist
NBCSN to show COMPLETE Olympic Figure Skating LIVE on TV

Was googling the team event and this article came up:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/spo...-Live-Television-Coverage-NBC--236250641.html

It says that NBC is going to show every figure skating event LIVE on NBCSN... meaning we'll probably have some odd hours, but it will be possible to catch it all on tv.

It also says key moments will be shown in primetime - my guess is we'll get similar coverage to what we usually have in primetime. Only time will tell what the coverage will actually be like but it's still great to know that if we want to catch it all on tv we'll be able to!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It says that NBC is going to show every figure skating event LIVE on NBCSN... meaning we'll probably have some odd hours, but it will be possible to catch it all on tv.

One little caveat:
NBCSN will not be showing the first day of team skating competition (which takes place the day before the opening ceremony).
So team/pairs SP and team/men's SP will not be shown.
Official NBC press release:

ETA, as for odd hours, not so much :) (excerpt below is from the press release).

Following is a breakdown of NBCSN’s figure skating coverage:

Date Time (ET) Event/Program
  • Sat., Feb. 8 9:30 a.m. Team Event: Ice Dancing Short, Ladies’ Short, Pairs’ Free
  • Sun., Feb. 9 10 a.m. Team Event: Men’s Free, Ice Dancing Free, Ladies’ Free
  • Tues., Feb. 11 10 a.m. Pairs Short
  • Wed., Feb. 12 10:45 a.m. Pairs Free
  • Thurs., Feb. 13 10 a.m. Men’s Short
  • Fri., Feb. 14 10 a.m. Men’s Free
  • Sun., Feb. 16 10 a.m. Ice Dancing Short
  • Mon., Feb. 17 10 a.m. Ice Dancing Free
  • Wed., Feb. 19 10 a.m. Ladies’ Short
  • Thurs., Feb. 20 10 a.m. Ladies’ Free

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Naturally my cable company doesn't carry this channel. Hopefully NBC.com will be live streaming all the events live just like they did during the Summer Olympics.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Naturally my cable company doesn't carry this channel. Hopefully NBC.com will be live streaming all the events live just like they did during the Summer Olympics.

NBC announced back in February that NBCOlympics.com will be live streaming everything from Sochi 2014 as it did from London 2012.

The rest of this post is from what I just added to the Sochi media rights thread:

Re NBCOlympics.com live streaming (not to be confused with NBCSN):

Access to Sochi 2014 live streaming will require validation (same as for London 2012), as previously announced. FAQ and video explanation from Ryan Seacrest here:
http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/help (the video part is 2:21 in length)​

Excerpt of the text FAQ:
What do I need to watch video on NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra?
You must be a subscriber to a TV provider video package that includes specific NBCU networks (varies by provider). You will also need to provide your online credentials during the verification process.​

Dec 16 press release -- on the first day that customers were able to complete the verification process -- includes instructions:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NBC announced back in February that NBCOlympics.com will be live streaming everything from Sochi 2014 as it did from London 2012.

The rest of this post is from what I just added to the Sochi media rights thread:

Re NBCOlympics.com live streaming (not to be confused with NBCSN):

Access to Sochi 2014 live streaming will require validation (same as for London 2012), as previously announced. FAQ and video explanation from Ryan Seacrest here:
http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/help (the video part is 2:21 in length)​

Excerpt of the text FAQ:
What do I need to watch video on NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra?
You must be a subscriber to a TV provider video package that includes specific NBCU networks (varies by provider). You will also need to provide your online credentials during the verification process.​

Dec 16 press release -- on the first day that customers were able to complete the verification process -- includes instructions:

Just checked again and i do have NBCSN. In HD even. :clap:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
what sucks for me is that the stuff starts anywhere between 4am and 6am for Alaska. :disapp: I'm gonna need to change my sleeping patterns.

caitie

Medalist
Yesss, I actually get this channel! I don't get Universal Sports anymore, so I've really missed all of the actual skating coverage and had to settle for NBC recaps... and skating really does look better in HD!

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
what sucks for me is that the stuff starts anywhere between 4am and 6am for Alaska. :disapp: I'm gonna need to change my sleeping patterns.

And so...??? : ) I'm rushing over to my mom's (as she gets it) after I teach my classes. I may even cancel a class or two with a sudden stomach flu I can already feel coming on.

bebevia

On the Ice
And so...??? : ) I'm rushing over to my mom's (as she gets it) after I teach my classes. I may even cancel a class or two with a sudden stomach flu I can already feel coming on.
During the 2010 Vancouver, I was visiting Asia, and games were on between midnight to early morning. My dad and I couldn't torture one family for more than two nights in a row, so we hopped from one family-friend home to another almost every night. Lol.

emma

Record Breaker
For Dish network users....I have NBCSP, which says its the NBC sports network....is that different from NBCSN? Do other Dish users get NBCSN? thanks for your help!

heyang

Record Breaker
Anyone know how to find out what will be airing in Hong Kong?..... Looks like I'll be spending the Olympics in Hong Kong- business trip. Hong Kong is 4 hours ahead of Sochi.

When I asked the guys in our HK offices, they seemed to imply that the Olympics aren't a huge event in China - other than when the games were in Bejiing. Given that China has a stronger summer team vs winter, I don't know what I'll be able to watch on TV over there.

I am planning to get a Slingbox so I can watch my Tv/DVR remotely. A friend loaned me hers to try while I was in HK last week. As long as you have a good network connection, it worked pretty well. I definitely plan to buy my own before I go in February.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Anyone know how to find out what will be airing in Hong Kong?..... Looks like I'll be spending the Olympics in Hong Kong- business trip. Hong Kong is 4 hours ahead of Sochi.

When I asked the guys in our HK offices, they seemed to imply that the Olympics aren't a huge event in China - other than when the games were in Bejiing. Given that China has a stronger summer team vs winter, I don't know what I'll be able to watch on TV over there.

I am planning to get a Slingbox so I can watch my Tv/DVR remotely. A friend loaned me hers to try while I was in HK last week. As long as you have a good network connection, it worked pretty well. I definitely plan to buy my own before I go in February.

not even for pairs skating? weird...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Slingbox works very well. It also works on your tablet :) - again, provided you have wifi that is streaming quality.

waxel

Final Flight
Emma, I'm a DISH user and I don't know if I get it or not. I know I pay a LOT and feel I should get every channel. Lol

macy

Record Breaker
Does anyone have att? I have it and I have no idea if we get that channel!

emma

Record Breaker
Emma, I'm a DISH user and I don't know if I get it or not. I know I pay a LOT and feel I should get every channel. Lol

Thanks, waxel! It's on my to-do list to call DISH and figure this out; I think I just found Universal sports (but they too might have multiple channels, so I have a lot to figure out). If I learn anything useful, I'll let you know!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm housesitting and they have dish network and unless I'm missing it I have not seen the NBCSports channel... they DO have universal sports (only one channel, they don't have multiple channels), though.