Is Alexei in Budapest? | Golden Skate

Is Alexei in Budapest?

kosjenka

On the Ice
I mean, Brian and Andrej are there, and he has been with them on competitions before, right?

dunja
:)

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Sorry to disappoint you, but unless he has a clone in Budapest, Alexei is touring with Stars on Ice. Last night they were in Sioux City in Iowa. Tomorrow they will be in Indianapolis and on Friday they will be in Cleveland. Here's the website so you can check out the tour schedule - http://www.starsonice.com/home/us.asp

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

dfj

On the Ice
Alexei is there. He was sitting with Griazev in the K&C. Also there for Joubert.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
dfj said:
Alexei is there. He was sitting with Griazev in the K&C. Also there for Joubert.
Really? Wow!! He must really be coleecting the frequent flyer miles if he's flying back and forth on his off days. He's in a lot of the group numbers in addition to his solo numbers that I don't see how he can miss a day, but then again....

Thanks for the news, dfj.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
dfj said:

Not on my TV, LOL... Griazev was sitting with Tarasova and Usova in the Kiss&Cry. Joubert had his coach sitting with him.

Marjaana

Tamas

Spectator
I didn't see him in the K&C, neither in practices. IIRC, he's not accredited.

Germanice

On the Ice
Oh boy, one really got the impression he was there ... have you read the thread about the men's SP on FSU? :D :laugh: And you should've heard how many times his name was mentioned by the German EUROSPORT reporters ... Joesitz is right ... (eville) Yags is everywhere ... it's hard for Plush to get rid of him! ;)

No, in fact he's still with SOI these days. But at the end of March, during Worlds, SOI has a break and Yags will be with Brian in Dortmund. Considering how much ado he already caused without even being in Budapest I guess Dortmund will be rather thrilling ... :)

Anke

icenut84

Final Flight
I didn't notice him at first (he wasn't in the K&C), but I'm pretty sure he was there - he can be seen sitting behind the barrier during the freeskates. At one point Joubert stops at one end (to start footwork? I think) and you can see Yagudin clearly behind him, sitting with a lady. I'm pretty sure it was him. He was also there during Plushenko's skate.