Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ISU.ORG site redesign

maybe it has to do with internet provider? I've tried IE and firefox... the figure skating link just pops me back to the home page... so odd.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Are you maybe on IE 10? or Windows 8?
    Or maybe their page has a virus and your antivirus program will not display it?
    Very, very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Are you maybe on IE 10? or Windows 8?
    Or maybe their page has a virus and your antivirus program will not display it?
    Very, very odd.
    No to Windows 8, and I don't believe mom's computer is on IE 10.

My laptop and mom's computer have different virus protection - mine would outright say why the page would not load properly if it was a virus.

Curiouser & curiouser.

For what it's worth, at this point in time, I uninstalled Java, so it's not that

Curiouser & curiouser.

For what it's worth, at this point in time, I uninstalled Java, so it's not that
    Like I said, I don't normally go on that site, so it's not a loss to me, really!

I go there for two things: event results & protocols, and Communications & tech docs. Once in a while I check upcoming events for Senior B's I might not know about.

And I have once or twice watched video streaming there when the site was the only source for an event.

Custom Title
    I'm not having any problems using Firefox browser under Windows7 and WindowsXP... I have such FireFox add-ons as NoScript, FlashBlock, AdBlock etc etc - I view the ISU site with NoScript set to allow scripting.

The month view is a bit more user friendly, but I'd just prefer a nice list.
    I don't know if this is missing in your browser, or whether they changed something since you posted... but I see just such a "nice list" underneath the calendar. It says "Event list", just click the "+" (actually, anywhere on the Event list "bar") to expand it out.

The skater bios page looks pretty silly here. Like a 90's page created by someone who just started learning HTML. A huge list, sorted by country. Drop-down lists to select a country, then only show skaters for that country would go a long way to tidying it up, in my opinion...

I'm guessing a lot of stuff is "work in progress".

I didn't see the Event List yesterday-

And yes, the skater bios, when you get to them, are very 90's.
    I have no idea whether they will update their look.

YesWay, I'm sure you're right, and it is a work in progress.

Maybe they are using the same computer folks who updated Icenetwork

On the Ice

And I have once or twice watched video streaming there when the site was the only source for an event.
    Where is that section now on the new website? I can not find the link to the the section, where there are live streams for special events in figure skating (in most cases geoblocked), speed skating and short track speed skating, I sometimes watched before.

Any idea?

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The problem is, if you click on the individual events, the links for their websites and entries/results pages have not been entered. :(
    Worth trying again. Links now are on the individual pages for the GPF, Euros, and Four Continents, for example.
    (No entries/results pages yet for the latter two, but I would assume that they will be added as the entries become known.)

Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    The skater bios page looks pretty silly here. Like a 90's page created by someone who just started learning HTML. A huge list, sorted by country.
    The presentation of bios is no better -- but no worse -- that what it was on the now-former ISU site. Looks exactly the same to me. Not saying that it cannot be improved, but at least it is not a step backward.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    The skater bios page looks pretty silly here. Like a 90's page created by someone who just started learning HTML. A huge list, sorted by country.
    It is a 90's page created by someone who just started learning HTML. It hasn't been updated since its inception.

The graphic layout of the bios themselves is terrible as well. Those need to get re-designed.

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Worth trying again. Links now are on the individual pages for the GPF, Euros, and Four Continents, for example.
    Oh, I meant the events which finished/started already and not the upcoming ones.

Style sheets still not loading from me....:P

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Oh, I meant the events which finished/started already and not the upcoming ones.
    In case I was not clear before :
    The Euros 2014 and Four Continents 2014 pages do (now) have links to the event websites and some other information -- the same as they would have had with the old ISU format.
    As for the not-yet-linked pages for entries (and results), isn't it a bit early for those to be available anyway for those two events? In other words, I'm guessing that their absence has nothing to do with the new ISU site design.

Quote Originally Posted by micnow View Post
    Where is that section now on the new website? I can not find the link to the the section, where there are live streams for special events in figure skating (in most cases geoblocked), speed skating and short track speed skating, I sometimes watched before.

Any idea?
    On the singles and pairs page, scroll to the very bottom, and there is a videos block on the right. It is unfortunately one of those darn phone inspired carousel things and you have to scroll through it to find what you are looking for. I don't see the Live stream block, but right now, there would be no live stream. This is not well thought out.

http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pai...-and-ice-dance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast