ISU.ORG site redesign | Page 2 | Golden Skate

ISU.ORG site redesign

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I go there for two things: event results & protocols, and Communications & tech docs. Once in a while I check upcoming events for Senior B's I might not know about.

And I have once or twice watched video streaming there when the site was the only source for an event.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I'm not having any problems using Firefox browser under Windows7 and WindowsXP... I have such FireFox add-ons as NoScript, FlashBlock, AdBlock etc etc - I view the ISU site with NoScript set to allow scripting.

The month view is a bit more user friendly, but I'd just prefer a nice list.
I don't know if this is missing in your browser, or whether they changed something since you posted... but I see just such a "nice list" underneath the calendar. It says "Event list", just click the "+" (actually, anywhere on the Event list "bar") to expand it out.

The skater bios page looks pretty silly here. Like a 90's page created by someone who just started learning HTML. A huge list, sorted by country. Drop-down lists to select a country, then only show skaters for that country would go a long way to tidying it up, in my opinion...

I'm guessing a lot of stuff is "work in progress".

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I didn't see the Event List yesterday-

And yes, the skater bios, when you get to them, are very 90's.
I have no idea whether they will update their look.

YesWay, I'm sure you're right, and it is a work in progress.

micnow

Rinkside
And I have once or twice watched video streaming there when the site was the only source for an event.

Where is that section now on the new website? I can not find the link to the the section, where there are live streams for special events in figure skating (in most cases geoblocked), speed skating and short track speed skating, I sometimes watched before.

Any idea?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The problem is, if you click on the individual events, the links for their websites and entries/results pages have not been entered. :(

Worth trying again. Links now are on the individual pages for the GPF, Euros, and Four Continents, for example.
(No entries/results pages yet for the latter two, but I would assume that they will be added as the entries become known.)

The skater bios page looks pretty silly here. Like a 90's page created by someone who just started learning HTML. A huge list, sorted by country.

The presentation of bios is no better -- but no worse -- that what it was on the now-former ISU site. Looks exactly the same to me. Not saying that it cannot be improved, but at least it is not a step backward.

The skater bios page looks pretty silly here. Like a 90's page created by someone who just started learning HTML. A huge list, sorted by country.

It is a 90's page created by someone who just started learning HTML. It hasn't been updated since its inception.

The graphic layout of the bios themselves is terrible as well. Those need to get re-designed.

Worth trying again. Links now are on the individual pages for the GPF, Euros, and Four Continents, for example.

Oh, I meant the events which finished/started already and not the upcoming ones.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Oh, I meant the events which finished/started already and not the upcoming ones.

In case I was not clear before :):
The Euros 2014 and Four Continents 2014 pages do (now) have links to the event websites and some other information -- the same as they would have had with the old ISU format.
As for the not-yet-linked pages for entries (and results), isn't it a bit early for those to be available anyway for those two events? In other words, I'm guessing that their absence has nothing to do with the new ISU site design.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Where is that section now on the new website? I can not find the link to the the section, where there are live streams for special events in figure skating (in most cases geoblocked), speed skating and short track speed skating, I sometimes watched before.

Any idea?

On the singles and pairs page, scroll to the very bottom, and there is a videos block on the right. It is unfortunately one of those darn phone inspired carousel things and you have to scroll through it to find what you are looking for. I don't see the Live stream block, but right now, there would be no live stream. This is not well thought out.

http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pair-skating-and-ice-dance

xabia

On the Ice
The old site was crap, as is the new one. When are they going to employ a decent website designer?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
all I get is a site map/links tree when I go to the ISU website.

maybe it has to do with internet provider? I've tried IE and firefox... the figure skating link just pops me back to the home page... so odd.

I too now am wondering whether something about one's internet provider determines how the ISU page is seen.

I am out of town visiting a family member, and the ISU "home page" shows up only as the site map/links tree.

But at home, I had no problem seeing the full-blown new version of the home page.

In both cases, I have been using the same laptop -- and in both cases, Google Chrome.
So one's choice of browser must not be the issue.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I can see the new website with Windows 7 plus Explorer well, but I really dislike the new design. I hate as pages get more complicated and I cannot find anything...

Thanks DorisPulaski for the help!!!

Icey

Record Breaker
When I try to go to the forum/ discussion I get a fatal error message. I have the latest Safari browser. Are they working to solve these problems. Quite frankly I was satisfied with the way it was.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
So was I satisfied-but perhaps users of smartphones and tablets were not?

I like retro stuff :laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker