How important is Plushenko for Sochi Olympics? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

How important is Plushenko for Sochi Olympics?

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not even going to pretend to be impartial.

I want Plushenko at the Olympics. I hope he earns the spot.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
But who has the best championship results since Plushenko? Who has the only Worlds medal since Plushenko? Who has the only Euros medal since Plushenko? You know these answers. But this skater has been tossed on the scrapheap...

In that case, Gachinski deserves to go moreso than Kovtun with his Worlds and Euros medal. Or Ando deserves to go over Murakami given her 2 World wins.

It doesn't matter who Plushenko is, if Kovtun or another skater is better than him at the time of the Olympics they deserve to go. It's just common sense and is the most fair.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
And awarding the medals is probably not something he would want to do or something many other skaters would want him to do.

You think Chan would enjoy getting awarded a medal from somebody who tweeted that his World title was won by the Canadian federation and not something he earned?

mielikki

Rinkside
And awarding the medals is probably not something he would want to do or something many other skaters would want him to do.

You think Chan would enjoy getting awarded a medal from somebody who tweeted that his World title was won by the Canadian federation and not something he earned?

Most likely the Olympic committee don't spend their nights thinking what do they do to make Patrick Chan, or any other individual athlete, as pleased as possible :) Anyway there will be enough officials to award the medals.