Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Can patrick chan close the gap on yuzuru hanyu?

Custom Title

Can patrick chan close the gap on yuzuru hanyu?

It now seems Chan is left at the mercy of Hanyu now that we know judges will give Hanyu amazing pcs even with a fall and clearly has higher tes. It seems that Chan is limited in the marks he can get tes and is considerably behind Hanyu like 7 or 8 pts. Can Chan compete or catch up now. where can he make up the tes not relying on pcs with Hanyu getting amazing pcs now? It seems it is all Hanyu's to lose.

Custom Title
    I don't think so, not if Hanyu keep bombing his 4S. Still 4S with a fall worth than 3S, but it impact the whole program. Hanyu getting high PCS in GPF, is partly because he skated a superb SP and, 4S is his only error on the whole competition. Also Dai is not there, and its in Japan.

Chan, is still the favorite, but his cushion for triple splats are getting smaller. I think both will head into Sochi as the Irina-Sasha of 2006. All the medias will be focus on these two and it will be interesting to see the outcome. Will they crumble like Sasha and Irina? or will they skate out like Plushenko and Yaguden did in Salt Lake?

skating philosopher
    I'm confused why there's a second thread on this? What needs to be discussed here that can't be discussed in the other thread?

Custom Title
    I think Hanyu had the skate of his life at the GPF and Patrick really had an off night. As far as I'm concerned - Patrick is still the favorite. Hanyu has been known to let down in the LP and tire out. I do think, all things considered, that Patrick is the more consistent skater.

I'm guessing we have another thread Mrs. P because this is the same question from a 180 degree different angle. Does it matter?

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    I think Hanyu had the skate of his life at the GPF and Patrick really had an off night. As far as I'm concerned - Patrick is still the favorite. Hanyu has been known to let down in the LP and tire out. I do think, all things considered, that Patrick is the more consistent skater.

I'm guessing we have another thread Mrs. P because this is the same question from a 180 degree different angle. Does it matter?
    I guess it doesn't matter, but IMO I don't see the point of having two Yuzuru vs Patrick threads. I think the question voiced here has probably been answered in the other thread.

Custom Title
    Is this thread a joke? Hanyu beats Chan in Japan for the first time in ages and all of a sudden there's a gap that Patrick may not be able to close?

Custom Title
    Can we pls combine this thread with the other one and retitle it to something 'Can JSF and CSFA politicks cancel each other out' so Dandy Daisuke get a half chance? :P
    I much prefer such a thread so my poor Dai can benefit from sum fanliticks this season. I am seriously worried the possibility of him not making the podium at Sochi.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Chan is still the favorite, but his cushion for triple splats are getting smaller. I think both will head into Sochi as the Irina-Sasha of 2006.
    And Takahashi will be the Michelle Kwan, hopefully in better health.

Maybe Dennis Ten will be the Shizuka Arakawa!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    It now seems Chan is left at the mercy of Hanyu now that we know judges will give Hanyu amazing pcs even with a fall and clearly has higher tes. It seems that Chan is limited in the marks he can get tes and is considerably behind Hanyu like 7 or 8 pts. Can Chan compete or catch up now. where can he make up the tes not relying on pcs with Hanyu getting amazing pcs now? It seems it is all Hanyu's to lose.
    Chan isn't left at the mercy of Hanyu until Hanyu starts landing that 4S consistently. As far as the judges giving Hanyu amazing PCS, we know its because it's in Japan and should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

It's not Hanyu's to lose so much as Patrick's to lose slash Hanyu's to win.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    And Takahashi will be the Michelle Kwan, hopefully in better health.

Maybe Dennis Ten will be the Shizuka Arakawa!
    The moment I read the title twice I knew this thread is intended for amusement.

Custom Title
    Yeah that ^^^^^^

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I'm confused why there's a second thread on this? What needs to be discussed here that can't be discussed in the other thread?
    because Mrs. P the tide has turned. Now Hanyu is being chased by Chan. It's a new world and you better get used to it sister LOL Hanyu is getting ridiculously high pcs and with his tes is the new fave. Chan is yesterday's news. Now Dai is coming up and could steal that gold. Who needs Evan; he won't be missed. We ahve a royal battle.

On the Ice
    The tides have not turned. Hanyu had two good skates on the competition Chan had a bad skate. If you think this shift is because of Hanyu's "ridiculously" high PCS, we still don't know if he will get similar PCS for his FS out of Japan. He just hasn't skated that well up until the GPF, but he's slowing improving after every competition. It's still Chan's world, bow to your supreme overlord

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SquishyDumpling View Post
    The tides have not turned. Hanyu had two good skates on the competition Chan had a bad skate. If you think this shift is because of Hanyu's "ridiculously" high PCS, we still don't know if he will get similar PCS for his FS out of Japan. He just hasn't skated that well up until the GPF, but he's slowing improving after every competition. It's still Chan's world, bow to your supreme overlord
    For the FS that Hanyu skated at the GPF, there's absolutely no way he would get 92.5 points of PCS and 190+ for that outside of Japan. It's 11 points higher PCS than TEB and essentially Hanyu turned a popped quad into a clean one. Hanyu is certainly showing more consistency, but Chan has beaten him by 25 and 31 points on the GP prior to the upset in Fukuoka. To suggest Chan is playing catch-up is ludicrous considering Yuzuru has essentially caught up to Chan, and certainly not created some insurmountable gap.

Custom Title
    If Hanyu is getting the pcs we saw at the GP final and with his tes he should be the faourite. I don't believe he deserved the pcs and frankly even with an error or two Dai and Patrick deserve to win probably still as their pcs should be signifcantly higher. But it appears Hanyu has the gap now over them. the problem with the other thread is that it is dominated by the suggestion Chan has the gap. A new title can be who is ahead between CHan and Hanyu. Hanyu got amazing pcs with a fall and no 4S. Ageed Dai or Ten could win or Ithink Javier.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast