Japanese Nationals 2013-2014 - Ladies | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals 2013-2014 - Ladies

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Even without the 1T on the popped axel at nationals, she would have had the second axel marked as SEQ, using up a combo box.

I think a 1A would not have been an automatic SEQ since it could have been a 2A (in theory).

kerufin

Spectator
Even without the 1T on the popped axel at nationals, she would have had the second axel marked as SEQ, using up a combo box.

If the second one is a 3A (even under-rotated or downgraded) then that's definitely the case. But since this is a 1A it won't count... I could be wrong here though.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I'm disappointed with the reworked choreography of Kanako's SP. It was much better in 2012. They've messed up the whole program by trying to place two of the jumping passes in the second half.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Hmm she's been getting level 1 spin at least the second time now this season. She better be careful about that since she's clearly capable of a level 4.

It's because her sit spin isn't low enough in that spin. It looks like she's not bending much at all (with her back) so maybe the back injury people have referred to is affecting that?

lavender

Record Breaker
Congrats Akiko. Miki gave it a good try. Great scores for the top 2 but internationally even if they were clean those judges wouldn't give that score. It's nice to think it's possible for Akiko.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
I have a feeling Kanako is going to have a Shizuka Arakawa moment at the Olympics, peaking at the right time.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
^I would love to have someone under the radar have their moment at the Olympics and deliver, when the favourites bring less than stellar performances. I want the best for Kanako, but I just cannot imagine her overtaking the favourites - they have to make lots of mistake for that to happen.

YesWay

&#22235;&#24180;&#12418;&#12363;&#12369;&#12390;&#
Record Breaker
Kudos to Miyabi Oba for attempting a triple axel!

UR and fall... but she nearly managed it.

lavender

Record Breaker
Awww Kanako...she must of felt such pressure. Man I wish I could deal with Kanako's jump and layback technique because everything else is lovely. She has such a nice classy short program and she's such a sweetie you want to root for her. Off to watch her long program.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Awww Kanako...she must of felt such pressure. Man I wish I could deal with Kanako's jump and layback technique because everything else is lovely. She has such a nice classy short program and she's such a sweetie you want to root for her. Off to watch her long program.

Hah I loved her reaction... I really think she was under a ton of pressure after her GP and maybe she was having inconsistent practices so to be able to get it together when it mattered most was a huge emotional relief. The contrast of Yamada's smile and Kanako tears-of-joy-grimace = priceless :laugh: