Japanese Nationals 2013-2014 - Ladies

jasminum

Rinkside
Trolling is the new trend

ks777 trolled Mao and she skated clean
I trolled Kanako and Akiko and they nailed it

:bow:

Let me troll Mirai next

I know ks777 does this on purpose coz he/she hates mao.

I'm so happy for akiko!! She overcame the pressure!!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
You really can't enjoy these beautiful skates with the japanese commentators. Every damn element they comment. "She landed it!" YES, I can SEE that she did. Man, I often complain about our commentators but they at least now when it's time to shut up and just enjoy.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
The american commentators are no better, usually they talk about irrelevant things through the stepsequences not shuting up so we can hear the music. Tanith is the worse...

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Wow, I just saw Mao's SP... That 3A missed exactly 1/2 a turn.
I guess we can put all the theories about the yakuza to rest now.
Given her marks, she probably got a <, which IS very generous.
Should have gotten a <<.
Was it the same with the japanese nationals last year, that they didn't provide the protocols? Will we get them eventually?

Mao Asada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=171USKscA38&feature=c4-overview&list=UUhnBU6m4NfUueVYf4Xj0gEA

Miki Ando
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l24xKijo70

What a beautiful, emotional moment for Miki :)

zschultz1986

Final Flight
That Triple Axel WAS UR by Mao. Also, that is the MOST emoting I've ever seen Miki do on the ice. She actually took off with the music! OMG it looked like she was skating to the music!

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
awwwwwwww Kanakos reaction in the kiss and cry... im crying! please let her make the team!

zschultz1986

Final Flight
awwwwwwww Kanakos reaction in the kiss and cry... im crying! please let her make the team!

OMG that "Stankface" Murakami made while crying tears of joy was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! All the top ladies delivered in the short... will be exciting to see the LPs!

enzet

On the Ice
That Triple Axel WAS UR by Mao. Also, that is the MOST emoting I've ever seen Miki do on the ice. She actually took off with the music! OMG it looked like she was skating to the music!

Yes, this one clearly was and she admitted it herself.
Still it wasnt more than 180 degrees, although it was close.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
So much for saying Kanako doesn't have the willpower. She is always able to be so happy about her performances. Wears her heart on her sleeve. She is just a late season skater. She can deliver when it counts. I can't wait for her to go to Sochi. Although Miki's story is inspiring I would hate if she got favoured over Kanako.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Oh my gosh! I just saw the isu standings and Akiko is in second place. This probably sounds stupid, but I'm in tears, I'm so happy. I would absolutely love to see Akiko on the Japanese team and on the podium at the Olympics.

Guess I'd better read through the thread now! GO AKIKO!!!

Thank you so much for the video of Akiko. Just a lovely skater and a powerful performance. She shows so much joy in the performance....just really lovely!:cool:

FS_rrb

On the Ice
Hello, I'm new here!

I want to say something about Mao's triple axel. I don't know why but everybody seems to be counting rotations in HER triple axel from the moment her blade leaves the ice. Take a look at most men's triple axels! A quarter prerotation is absolutely normal and she's not prerotating it more than most men. That triple axel was underotated by a quarter or maybe a little bit more but not by 1/2. And I'm not being a crazy fan...I'm just counting rotations and comparing her axel with some men and see that she doesn't rotate IN THE AIR less than some of them. Obviously, you can't compare her triple axel to Hanyu's, for instance, but Yuzuru's triple axel is perfect and deserves +3's. No one is saying Mao's triple axel is that good, but not as underotated as some people claim.

Waiting to see your opinions :) :popcorn:

FS_rrb

On the Ice
BTW, I just loved Kanako's and Akiko's SP too. Akiko is something special...I don't know what it is but she's just amazing. I could watch her skate the whole day and never get tired of her skating :love:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
And she always chooses great music and programs. Honestly it never gets boring when Akiko skates.