Japanese Nationals 2013-2014 - Ladies | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals 2013-2014 - Ladies

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Akiko Suzuki skates with so much soul.She becomes the music and her body is the instrument. The music and understanding of music oozes from every inch of her body. She draws you into her emotion. For me , she may not have all the major or biggest titles but she is one of the greatest skaters I have ever witnessed. So blessed. She has this incredible euphoric charisma. Simply astounding!

Yup for me too. She and Kwan are my two favorites and now for me Akiko is surpassing her (in my personal hall of fame folks).

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Not a lot of people are talking about Kanako, but I just watched her program and WOW WOW WOW that was an incredible program, so touching emotionally, such a detailed choreography and a mature interpretation, a HUGE improvement from that horrible Swing thing she had during the GP!! :love::love::agree:

christinaskater

Medalist
Yup for me too. She and Kwan are my two favorites and now for me Akiko is surpassing her (in my personal hall of fame folks).

I love Michelle Kwana and Akiko Suzuki on equal ground.

2 of the most captivating skaters of all-time! Michelle has her strengths like consistency, starting really young and her incredible connection to music. I just love Akiko and Michelle! They are reasons why I love skating. Not about points but about the experience. The magic and the euphoria!

christinaskater

Medalist
Akiko's Nationals Short Program is one of the greatest skates I have ever witnessed! Like Lyra Angelica, East of Eden level!

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I am sorry but you can't compare Akiko to Michelle.

She can compare Akiko to whomever she likes--but you can disagree.

Personally, I don't think any of Akiko's programs come close to my MK favorites, but she does remind me the most of Michelle out of everyone competing today. The way she wears her heart on her sleeve on the ice, the arabesque spiral--it's there.

Icey

Record Breaker
Satoko had the highest tes score and Ando is not that far below Mao. Interesting, very interesting.

Krislite

Medalist
Satoko had the highest tes score and Ando is not that far below Mao. Interesting, very interesting.

Huh? Miki skated the best she could in the SP and was still beaten by four other girls, and the gap with Mao is only because Mao UR'ed her triple Axel. It's pretty clear she's not getting on that podium unless the final group in the LP is a splatfest.

SimplyLex

On the Ice
I kinda feel bad for Miki. To give birth, come back and deliver a clean program consisting of a 3-3 combo and a lutz, it's all pretty amazing and yet might still not be enough to achieve her goal.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Huh? Miki skated the best she could in the SP and was still beaten by four other girls, and the gap with Mao is only because Mao UR'ed her triple Axel. It's pretty clear she's not getting on that podium unless the final group in the LP is a splatfest.

Right?

Since when is a nine-point gap in the SP considered insignificant? I don't see Miki touching Mao in the LP even if Mao makes mistakes.

pec0

Match Penalty

Maybe JFSF pick Ando instead of Mao. More than one JFSF representatives have officially announced Mao's artistry is inferior because she is childish.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Um the gap between 3rd and 5th is only 3 points. Nobody said that she was going to beat Mao. But she's in striking distance of the rest.

CarneAsada

Medalist
Um the gap between 3rd and 5th is only 3 points. Nobody said that she was going to beat Mao. But she's in striking distance of the rest.
This season, Ando tends to lose ground in the LP. I still hope she does well enough to be named for at least one of 4CC, Olympics, and Worlds though. In my wildest dreams, Ando would win the OGM with a 3Lutz-3Loop and show the world what constitutes "the most difficult 3-3". In my less-wild dreams, I'd settle for a Worlds medal and a 3Sal-3Loop.