Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: John Zimmerman On Queer Eye

rGirl - And we haven't tasted his 10 minute salmon filet.

Joe

Custom Title
    There is a teaser of John shopping with Carson at www.bravotv.com

I found it extremely amusing. Carson seems to have a harder time not touching the clothing (on the straight man) when they are cuter. I watched that wishing I could be Carson. Color me jealous. I think I would have had as much fun shopping with John as he did.

Custom Title
    Thanks, mpal2. I agree - I wish I could have been Carson.... And we now know the answer to the question 'boxers or briefs?'.... :D

Everyone should also check out episode guide - the episode is called 'Queer Eye for the Skate Guy'. I especially love the quote from Kyoko at the bottom, so I'm sure we'll see her in the episode (in addition to Silvia). I can't wait until next week!!!

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Custom Title
    I was kind of surprised that John would be willing to appear on camera in tight black briefs. He is following in the footsteps of Alexei at the Olympics.

h*tp://www.vincentchip.com/Zimmerman.jpg

(copy and paste the above url into the address bar and replace the "t" with a "*")

On the Ice
    Originally posted by Rgirl
    . . . Have any of us dated John? Okay, I have, and let me tell you, the guy doesn't know how to order wine to save his life. Why do you think I only went out with him once? . . .
    Rgirl
    I am seriously impressed!

More, more, I want to know more about your social life Rgirl:D

Zimmerman fans, seriously check out Ryan O's link!

Mathman

I keep on fallin' for Kwan
    'He's an Olympic Champion....'!!!!
    Good grief!!!! I swear, people who introduce celebrities have GOT TO GET THEIR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do some RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Woman
    Well, Flora Mac, I've dated every straight hot male figure skater since I first had a torrid affair with Christopher Dean after the '84 Olympics. It started out with me just sitting in the stands and the guys catching sight of me among the 15 or 20,000 others, saying to themselves, "I MUST have that woman!" and then one of the ushers bringing me a note. After the first few, you know how it is, word just gets around John Z. was the nicest, Ilia Kulik was the most intelligent, Kurt Browning was the funniest, Anton Sikharulidze was the most passionate, Scott Hamilton just wanted to do golf dates (yawn), Victor Kraatz was the most creative, Sasha Abt (before he was married) was the most smoldering, Alexei Yagudin kept wanting to know if he was better than Evgeni Plushenko and vice versa (borrring), and Elvis was too New Agey for my taste. Yeah, I know, like Pamela Des Barres, I should write a book

Just joking, of course--or will you ever know?

Seriously, I did have John Zimmerman all to myself for about 20 minutes at an SOI reception in '99. This was during the first year John and Kyoko were together as a team and while fans were mobbing all the other skaters there--both SOI and non-SOI, apparently nobody recognized John. He was all by his lonesome, perusing the buffet table, so I went up to him and said, "You're John Zimmerman, yes?" He seemed so pleased that somebody approached him and so charmingly unsure of what to say, other than, "Uh, yeah!"

At first it was just the usual, "I really love your skating," "I'm very pleased to meet you," chit chat. Then I told him Tamara Moskvina was my "hero" and asked him what it was like to work with her. Then he really lit up and spoke with great respect and enthusiasm about Moskvina. He was truly a nice guy and even more gorgeous in person than on TV. You see a lot of really gorgeous guys in NY--actors, models--and John is still one of the most stunning men I've ever seen.

We talked for a good 20 minutes and nobody else ever came up to him--and believe me, if you're talking to a skater, other people will bomb right in. I probably could have had him all to myself for the whole reception, but I was with somebody who wasn't a skating fan so I thanked him, told him I could talk to him all night about skating and Moskvina but my friend was waiting, and wished him the best in getting to the Olympics. About 10 minutes later as my friend and I were leaving, I did one last scan around the room and John was still by himself! In retrospect, I should have told my friend, "I have a once in a lifetime opportunity. Here's $20 bucks. Get lost," and gone back to talk to JZ, lol.

Because of volunteer work I did for the Make-a-Wish foundation, I used to get to go to the SOI receptions in NYC for about five years. Then a new company took over the receptions. So you get to see or talk to a lot of skaters. Especially in NY, and I'm sure LA too, a lot of nonSOI skaters show up. John Zimmerman was definitely one of the nicest skaters to talk to. I think he really is a "loves the simple life, down-home guy." Of the other skaters I talked to over those years, Paul Wylie and Yuka Sato rate the highest in terms of either really engaging you (Paul) or being very down to earth and funny (Yuka). Ilia Kulik and Peter Tchernyshev were the best at graciously handling mobs of little girls who wanted to have their picture taken with them. Tara Lipinski was the best at signing autographs and smiling for a gazillion cameras at the same time. An assistant would just keep shuffling autograph books or programs into her hands, Tara would scribble her name (they all scribble) while she kept smiling and looking at the cameras, lol. Maya Usova and Oksana Baiul have the softest hands and I don't mean just the skin. Their hands feel like little birds.
    Rgirl

Wow, Rgirl. Thanks for the post. You make me feel like I was there...just you, me and John.

MM

Custom Woman
    HEY! This is a PG-rated board! You're a mod, you know that! Don't get me started on the kinky stuff.
    Rgirl

You guys have to check out Jordan Braurniger who just won a bronze medal for the US in Junior Worlds. Good looking, good body, good skater, and 18 y.o. A bit young for now but hey, if Demi can do it so can RGirl.

I hope they show the Jr Worlds. Got to see this guy. I've already paired him up with Sasha Cohen. What a team they would make.

Joe

Custom Woman
    Originally posted by Mathman
    Wow, Rgirl. Thanks for the post. You make me feel like I was there...just you, me and John.
    MM
    So how'd you like it when JZ was blowing up my skirt? Did it feel as good going up pants?

Originally posted by Joesitz
    You guys have to check out Jordan Braurniger who just won a bronze medal for the US in Junior Worlds. Good looking, good body, good skater, and 18 y.o. A bit young for now but hey, if Demi can do it so can RGirl.
    Joe
    How do you know I already haven't ravaged young but legal Jordan and other skating hotties? And how do you know I wasn't doing same with all kinds of cuties when Demi Moore was cutting her teeth on Tony Geary on "General Hospital"?
    Rgirl

Custom Title
    Originally posted by Joesitz
    Living in NYC and quite familiar with the Gay scene, I do not believer that John needs any help from the Fab Five.
    Well believe it. The first thing a friend said when they found out he was going to be on was, "Hopefully the fab 5 will tell him not to wear navy pants,his black Nascar
    t-shirt, and brown docksiders together anymore!" He's not known for killer fashion sense, let's just leave it at that.

JoeSitz, Jordan is MINE.
    Last edited by peachstatesk8er; 03-07-2004 at 10:27 AM.

Hey Peach - I'm not a Fab 5 fan. Their show is best in the first 5 and last 5 minutes. the in-between is silly. Anyway, I can't believe John who models for Abercrombie and Fitch, wouldn't have access to a decent wardrobe. OK, i'm sure the fans of GS will be watching Tuesday. I'm hoping he gets in the kitchen, makes a great dinner, sets the dining room table, lights the candles, and waits for Sylvia to arrive. What will she say?

RGirl - You have competition with Peach on this newly legal boy.

Joe

Go NJ Devils
    According to the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy website, this is the scoop on Zimmerman:

PROBLEM AREAS
    ...is concerned that his Alabama ways are out of step with her European sensibilities.
    ...while trying to mesh his wife's love of bright colors with his fondness for earth tones, ended up with a home decor that delivers the worst of both.
    ...the couple spends so much time on tour and in training that they still haven't unpacked their wedding presents.
    ...adores his wife and tells her so, but is searching for ways he can demonstrate it, too.
    ...generally wears the same things — sweats and track suits — whether he's working out at the rink or taking Sylvia out to a nice restaurant.
    ...wants to prepare a special meal, but lacks confidence in the kitchen.
    ...his feet are in pretty bad shape from years on the ice; he has a bad case of what his wife calls "country toes."
    http://www.bravotv.com/Queer_Eye_for.../Episodes/121/

They even managed to get a really bad photo for the website.

I'm a sucker for watching the haircuts, which is my favorite part of the show.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast