GS meetup! (AKA, who's going?) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

GS meetup! (AKA, who's going?)

tasha555

Spectator
Hi everyone,
Just got home from the Garden. Was there all day!! Wherever you decide is fine with me, just keep us posted as to ? restaurant. Looking forward in meeting u. If anyone is going to be at bcec on Thurs, I will be working there between 12-6pm at Information Desk. Drop bye and say hello.

Tasha, welcome to GS! It's great that you are able to join right before an event for which you are volunteering. Hope you have a wonderful time, and that everyone can find a dining spot to accommodate the group.

And I hope that the weather modifies just in time!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Left a message with the manager at McGann. Will visit in person tomorrow if I don't hear from he/she soon.

elle_e

On the Ice
Hello everyone :)
I've been in NYC for nearly a week and heading for Boston tomorrow afternoon. The U.S is so confusing for me, but I'm getting the hang of it!! I'm leaving before the men's event so I hope people can keep me updated on that and the gala. Also, does anyone know of any organised meet and greets? I am literally half way across the world just for this event ><
Hope to see many of you there!!!

Elle

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hello everyone :)
I've been in NYC for nearly a week and heading for Boston tomorrow afternoon. The U.S is so confusing for me, but I'm getting the hang of it!! I'm leaving before the men's event so I hope people can keep me updated on that and the gala. Also, does anyone know of any organised meet and greets? I am literally half way across the world just for this event ><
Hope to see many of you there!!!

Elle

A schedule for autograph sessions (Thu-Sun) with top seniors and juniors is here:

Hope you have a great time, Elle.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Both places are rated well. I think Porter has more variety as far as food choices, but if people prefer the other...I can go with that also. I'll text Chris and see if he can check out the two places.
We went to McGann's last night: the kitchen was closed. So we went to Porter's, which is right next to our hotel. The burgers and chowder were good. The chicken on foccacia had way too much poultry seasoning on it.

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
I envy you guys SO MUCH! ;) Have great time :yes: and root for Mirai, Jeremy and Ross for me, please!!! :party:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Update: I have secured a reservation for 12 at McGann's Sunday night following the men's free skate/ceremony. We can all meet at the arena and walk over or we can meet at the restaurant.

elle_e

On the Ice
Hi again,

Thanks for the message Mrs. P, it was a wild ride to get to Boston but a fond memory now nonetheless. I can't seem to reply to you though :/

Does anyone know how I can pick up my tickets at the TD Garden? I'm so lost ><

Thanks

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Does anyone know how I can pick up my tickets at the TD Garden? I'm so lost ><

Thanks

Are you asking where the TD Garden box office/will call window is? If so, a few excerpts from http://www.tdgarden.com/tickets/box-office/:

~ The TD Garden Box Office is located on the West Side of the North Station Platform, to the right of the Bruins Proshop.
~ Hours of Operation
Sunday – Saturday: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM​
~ Reservations Window (Will Call)
The Ford Pick-Up window is for Ticketmaster purchases, team and internal reservations marked for will call. The Ford Pick-Up window opens two hours prior to any event. Will Call tickets are available on the day of event only.​

tasha555

Spectator
Hi Mrs. P

Since I don't know what everyone looks like, plus going to try to find a better seat for myself, I opt to meet at restaurant. Need to know what name reservation is made for?
Thanks!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hi Mrs. P

Since I don't know what everyone looks like, plus going to try to find a better seat for myself, I opt to meet at restaurant. Need to know what name reservation is made for?
Thanks!!

Tasha, I'll PM you!

Anyone else who prefers to meet at the restaurant?

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Mrs.P. Glad to see that you have made it to Boston. After my commuter flight to Seattle was cancelled as well as my Air Canada flight to Toronto, I took it as an omen and decided to cancel my whole trip to Canadians. The nice thing was that the ticket office in Ottawa was willing to reprint my tickets (after I provided them with some ID info and a scanned signature) and give the tickets to a skating mom that I know so they did not go to waste. I could cancel my Air Canada flight without a cancellation fee but it was a non-refundable ticket so I now have enough credit with Air Canada for a flight to Kelowna. (Are they any Washington state skating fans that want to meet at Skate Canada this fall?)

It is nice to hear that a whole lot of people are skating well at U.S. Nationals. I hope you all are enjoying the skating and have a good dinner together.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hey all, so looks like we're going to meet at the restaurant at around 5:30 or so. I'll PM for details.

waxel

Final Flight
Mrs. P. I'm getting an error your PM is full. Please confirm our plans. Thank you!

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I wish I could have met all of you guys. But the way things turned out I probably would have been too opinionated and well too outspoken. So at least I can still be thought of as respectful and smiling instead of the anger and bitchiness I would have brought. I hope you guys had a great time. Next time.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
To All who were there. I have sent a pic of us all I took to Mrs P and Doris. This pic will not appear on my photobucket page out of respect to those of us who don't want their pic published. If you want a copy and were there, contact them and I will leave it up to them to send it along....sorry I didn't get to meet you all but as with all get togethers, this one was rushed and chaotic...but fun.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It was SO nice to get together with everyone after the men's medal ceremony!