GS meetup! (AKA, who's going?) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

GS meetup! (AKA, who's going?)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Alas and alack, he wont be at the USFS donner's appreciation breakfast on Sunday morning, as he will be preparing for the mens free...I love his free skate....ref: .Mrs. P;812064]I hope I'll get to meet Jason Brown just like you did. :)[/QUOTE]

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Ahhhh, Jason Brown...love him. I have a friend who picked him for the Olympic team in 2018....wonder if he will make it for 2014!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ahhhh, Jason Brown...love him. I have a friend who picked him for the Olympic team in 2018....wonder if he will make it for 2014!!

It seems to be a possibility, certainly! I'm just hoping he gets two clean skates he can be proud of and let the rest happen as they may.

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes, its always fun to see the faces of those we converse with....everyone is busy but it is nice to sniff noses if only for alittle while. Sad to think we may be sitting next to each other at a practice and not know the other person is a GSer. But I respect the desires of others to NOT get dressed up as pumpkins...
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/Reno2013/normal_zps7c605ab8.jpg

Well, there is always the carnation in buttonhole approach... Golden carnations for Golden Skate, of course. :) ;) Also, you can have some passwords - "Isn't it a nice day today?" - "Yes, it's a golden day to watch some skating... " - wink optional.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Allll right! Moscow rules!!! Fits right in with Mirai's Bond medely.
Well, there is always the carnation in buttonhole approach... Golden carnations for Golden Skate, of course. :) ;) Also, you can have some passwords - "Isn't it a nice day today?" - "Yes, it's a golden day to watch some skating... " - wink optional.

waxel

Final Flight
If we're still planning to get together- I have a friend who'd like to join us.

Brightbooks

Spectator
I am attending Nationals by myself and although am new to this forum would love to meet up for dinner if you have room for one more.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I am attending Nationals by myself and although am new to this forum would love to meet up for dinner if you have room for one more.

Of course! And welcome to Golden Skate. :)

So here's what I got:

MFarone
CoyoteChris
Mrs. P (+1)
Dorispulaski (+1)
waxel (+1)
Brightbooks

So we have 9 people so far. :)

As noted, we are looking to get together after the Men's Free Skate, which is scheduled to end around 5:15 p.m. (after the medal ceremony).

Here are the two places MFarone states takes reservations:
McGann's Irish Pub will be open; does take reservations; can accommodate us at 1 table; is ADA compliant; phone 617-227-4059

Porters Bar will be open; will take a reservations for after the event (Mens Final) can accommodate us; is ADA compliant; phone 617-742-7678

Also MF, you asked about football playoff games: The Niners and Panthers play at 1:05 p.m. EST and the Chargers and Broncos play at 4:40 EST. I don't see huge crowds to watch the San Diego/Denver game. (The Patriots, as I noted elsewhere, actually play Saturday night, during the Ladies Free Skate).

I guess if there are others who want to join -- I can keep taking names until Tuesday or Wednesday and I can make the reservation...any preferences between McGann's and Porters?

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I have a feeling I'll be there this weekend. I would like to meet up with other lovers of skating. Problem is with this dinner after the men's FS if Adam Rippon doesn't make it, I will not be able to hold down one bite. I might go into really bitchy mode.... hmmm

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I have a feeling I'll be there this weekend. I would like to meet up with other lovers of skating. Problem is with this dinner after the men's FS if Adam Rippon doesn't make it, I will not be able to hold down one bite. I might go into really bitchy mode.... hmmm

Aw, you should join us! If anything else, we can comfort you. (I'd be willing to buy you a beer...either way. ;) )

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Mrs. P, I hope you and your hubby don't have any major problems on your flight in to Boston. I'll be trying to fly to Ottawa via Toronto on Wednesday. I'm sorry I won't be in Boston to enjoy the group dinner with everyone. I hope you all have good food and a good time.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mrs. P, I hope you and your hubby don't have any major problems on your flight in to Boston. I'll be trying to fly to Ottawa via Toronto on Wednesday. I'm sorry I won't be in Boston to enjoy the group dinner with everyone. I hope you all have good food and a good time.

It should be OK, I think. We're flying from Seattle to Boston direct and we're not leaving until Wednesday night, so I hope things will calm down by then. (And worse case scenario is they'll fly south to avoid any super harsh weather.)

We'll miss you Paul!

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Either McGanns or Porters would be ok with me. Maybe Chris will be able to check one of these out on Wednesday and give his opinion. Since New England isn't playing on Sunday maybe the places won't be too crowded. Reservations are probably still a good idea.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Both places are rated well. I think Porter has more variety as far as food choices, but if people prefer the other...I can go with that also. I'll text Chris and see if he can check out the two places.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Both places are rated well. I think Porter has more variety as far as food choices, but if people prefer the other...I can go with that also. I'll text Chris and see if he can check out the two places.
Due to poor scheduling between BCEC and TD, I wont be able to eat by the TD, but maybe I can
Take a look see. BCEC has been taking taking tickets and giving wrist bands for re-entry. Sweet.
Don't know about TD during practice. All I know is to this point BCEC has been very crowded and we mark our places with coats.
Cant wait to go to arena permenantly.

tasha555

Spectator
Hi everyone,

I am from Boston (first time posting) and I am volunteering for this event. My last day volunteering for this event will be on Thursday. I would love to join this group for dinner on Sunday. Please let me know which restaurant you have chosen with more details, ex--are we all meeting at restaurant or in the Garden. Thank you!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hi everyone,

I am from Boston (first time posting) and I am volunteering for this event. My last day volunteering for this event will be on Thursday. I would love to join this group for dinner on Sunday. Please let me know which restaurant you have chosen with more details, ex--are we all meeting at restaurant or in the Garden. Thank you!!

HI Tasha, glad you can join us! And welcome to Golden Skate!

I'm going to finalize details today. Chris has checked out both spots and says that McGinn's has better seating, so I will roll with that.

So here's the updated list (10):
MFarone
CoyoteChris
Mrs. P (+1)
Dorispulaski (+1)
waxel (+1)
Brightbooks
tasha555

Anyone else want to join us? Sunday night after the Men's Free Skate!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I popped into both pubs and Porters appeared to be mostly booths although they may have tabels they could push together. McGanns seems to be mostly tables. I would suggest Mrs. P call them first but I am sure either would be fine. The are very close to the arena and right next door to eachother. If someone else wants to pop in and look them over, that would be great. But considering the Mongol hoards on Sunday, time is of the essance.

waxel

Final Flight
I looked to book a table for Friday night and, irritatingly, none of the places mentioned take reservations on event days. A table of 10 may have some sway. Dunno?