Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GS meetup! (AKA, who's going?)

skating philosopher
    Thanks for our work MF! And waxel, looking forward to meeting you. Glad you get to treat yourself! (It's a treat for me too.... )

So far on the list
    MFarone
    CoyoteChris
    Mrs. P (+1)
    Dorispulaski (+1)
    waxel

So exactly 7, though I'm sure we'll get others as we get closer.

tuolsai, sadly will be on a plane by the time we meet, but hopefully we'll all get to see her at some point in other informal gatherings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Thanks for our work MF! And waxel, looking forward to meeting you. Glad you get to treat yourself! (It's a treat for me too.... )

So far on the list
    MFarone
    CoyoteChris
    Mrs. P (+1)
    Dorispulaski (+1)
    waxel

tuolsai, sadly will be on a plane by the time we meet, but hopefully we'll all get to see her at some point in other informal gatherings.
    Yes, I will be in touch! I hope to meet all of you who are going at least briefly!

Yes, its always fun to see the faces of those we converse with....everyone is busy but it is nice to sniff noses if only for alittle while. Sad to think we may be sitting next to each other at a practice and not know the other person is a GSer. But I respect the desires of others to NOT get dressed up as pumpkins...
    http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7c605ab8.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post

So far on the list
    MFarone
    CoyoteChris
    Mrs. P (+1)
    Dorispulaski (+1)
    waxel

Im sooo jelaous at all of you that are going!

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraM View Post
    Im sooo jelaous at all of you that are going!
    I hope I'll get to meet Jason Brown just like you did.

Alas and alack, he wont be at the USFS donner's appreciation breakfast on Sunday morning, as he will be preparing for the mens free...I love his free skate....ref: .Mrs. P;812064]I hope I'll get to meet Jason Brown just like you did. [/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, Jason Brown...love him. I have a friend who picked him for the Olympic team in 2018....wonder if he will make it for 2014!!

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by MFarone View Post
    Ahhhh, Jason Brown...love him. I have a friend who picked him for the Olympic team in 2018....wonder if he will make it for 2014!!
    It seems to be a possibility, certainly! I'm just hoping he gets two clean skates he can be proud of and let the rest happen as they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Yes, its always fun to see the faces of those we converse with....everyone is busy but it is nice to sniff noses if only for alittle while. Sad to think we may be sitting next to each other at a practice and not know the other person is a GSer. But I respect the desires of others to NOT get dressed up as pumpkins...
    http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7c605ab8.jpg
    Well, there is always the carnation in buttonhole approach... Golden carnations for Golden Skate, of course. Also, you can have some passwords - "Isn't it a nice day today?" - "Yes, it's a golden day to watch some skating... " - wink optional.

Allll right! Moscow rules!!! Fits right in with Mirai's Bond medely.
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Well, there is always the carnation in buttonhole approach... Golden carnations for Golden Skate, of course. Also, you can have some passwords - "Isn't it a nice day today?" - "Yes, it's a golden day to watch some skating... " - wink optional.

Custom Title
    If we're still planning to get together- I have a friend who'd like to join us.

Rinkside
    I am attending Nationals by myself and although am new to this forum would love to meet up for dinner if you have room for one more.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightbooks View Post
    I am attending Nationals by myself and although am new to this forum would love to meet up for dinner if you have room for one more.
    Of course! And welcome to Golden Skate.

So here's what I got:

MFarone
    CoyoteChris
    Mrs. P (+1)
    Dorispulaski (+1)
    waxel (+1)
    Brightbooks

So we have 9 people so far.

As noted, we are looking to get together after the Men's Free Skate, which is scheduled to end around 5:15 p.m. (after the medal ceremony).

Here are the two places MFarone states takes reservations:
    McGann's Irish Pub will be open; does take reservations; can accommodate us at 1 table; is ADA compliant; phone 617-227-4059

Porters Bar will be open; will take a reservations for after the event (Mens Final) can accommodate us; is ADA compliant; phone 617-742-7678

Also MF, you asked about football playoff games: The Niners and Panthers play at 1:05 p.m. EST and the Chargers and Broncos play at 4:40 EST. I don't see huge crowds to watch the San Diego/Denver game. (The Patriots, as I noted elsewhere, actually play Saturday night, during the Ladies Free Skate).

I guess if there are others who want to join -- I can keep taking names until Tuesday or Wednesday and I can make the reservation...any preferences between McGann's and Porters?

Custom Title
    Either McGanns or Porters is good for me. Thank you for facilitating!

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    I have a feeling I'll be there this weekend. I would like to meet up with other lovers of skating. Problem is with this dinner after the men's FS if Adam Rippon doesn't make it, I will not be able to hold down one bite. I might go into really bitchy mode.... hmmm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast