Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GS meetup! (AKA, who's going?)

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamForeman View Post
    I have a feeling I'll be there this weekend. I would like to meet up with other lovers of skating. Problem is with this dinner after the men's FS if Adam Rippon doesn't make it, I will not be able to hold down one bite. I might go into really bitchy mode.... hmmm
    Aw, you should join us! If anything else, we can comfort you. (I'd be willing to buy you a beer...either way. )

Medalist
    Mrs. P, I hope you and your hubby don't have any major problems on your flight in to Boston. I'll be trying to fly to Ottawa via Toronto on Wednesday. I'm sorry I won't be in Boston to enjoy the group dinner with everyone. I hope you all have good food and a good time.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    Mrs. P, I hope you and your hubby don't have any major problems on your flight in to Boston. I'll be trying to fly to Ottawa via Toronto on Wednesday. I'm sorry I won't be in Boston to enjoy the group dinner with everyone. I hope you all have good food and a good time.
    It should be OK, I think. We're flying from Seattle to Boston direct and we're not leaving until Wednesday night, so I hope things will calm down by then. (And worse case scenario is they'll fly south to avoid any super harsh weather.)

We'll miss you Paul!

Either McGanns or Porters would be ok with me. Maybe Chris will be able to check one of these out on Wednesday and give his opinion. Since New England isn't playing on Sunday maybe the places won't be too crowded. Reservations are probably still a good idea.

skating philosopher
    Both places are rated well. I think Porter has more variety as far as food choices, but if people prefer the other...I can go with that also. I'll text Chris and see if he can check out the two places.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Both places are rated well. I think Porter has more variety as far as food choices, but if people prefer the other...I can go with that also. I'll text Chris and see if he can check out the two places.
    Due to poor scheduling between BCEC and TD, I wont be able to eat by the TD, but maybe I can
    Take a look see. BCEC has been taking taking tickets and giving wrist bands for re-entry. Sweet.
    Don't know about TD during practice. All I know is to this point BCEC has been very crowded and we mark our places with coats.
    Cant wait to go to arena permenantly.

Rinkside
    Hi everyone,

I am from Boston (first time posting) and I am volunteering for this event. My last day volunteering for this event will be on Thursday. I would love to join this group for dinner on Sunday. Please let me know which restaurant you have chosen with more details, ex--are we all meeting at restaurant or in the Garden. Thank you!!

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha555 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am from Boston (first time posting) and I am volunteering for this event. My last day volunteering for this event will be on Thursday. I would love to join this group for dinner on Sunday. Please let me know which restaurant you have chosen with more details, ex--are we all meeting at restaurant or in the Garden. Thank you!!
    HI Tasha, glad you can join us! And welcome to Golden Skate!

I'm going to finalize details today. Chris has checked out both spots and says that McGinn's has better seating, so I will roll with that.

So here's the updated list (10):
    MFarone
    CoyoteChris
    Mrs. P (+1)
    Dorispulaski (+1)
    waxel (+1)
    Brightbooks
    tasha555

Anyone else want to join us? Sunday night after the Men's Free Skate!

I popped into both pubs and Porters appeared to be mostly booths although they may have tabels they could push together. McGanns seems to be mostly tables. I would suggest Mrs. P call them first but I am sure either would be fine. The are very close to the arena and right next door to eachother. If someone else wants to pop in and look them over, that would be great. But considering the Mongol hoards on Sunday, time is of the essance.

Custom Title
    I looked to book a table for Friday night and, irritatingly, none of the places mentioned take reservations on event days. A table of 10 may have some sway. Dunno?

Rinkside
    Hi everyone,
    Just got home from the Garden. Was there all day!! Wherever you decide is fine with me, just keep us posted as to ? restaurant. Looking forward in meeting u. If anyone is going to be at bcec on Thurs, I will be working there between 12-6pm at Information Desk. Drop bye and say hello.

Custom Title
    Tasha, welcome to GS! It's great that you are able to join right before an event for which you are volunteering. Hope you have a wonderful time, and that everyone can find a dining spot to accommodate the group.

And I hope that the weather modifies just in time!

skating philosopher
    Left a message with the manager at McGann. Will visit in person tomorrow if I don't hear from he/she soon.

Hello everyone
    I've been in NYC for nearly a week and heading for Boston tomorrow afternoon. The U.S is so confusing for me, but I'm getting the hang of it!! I'm leaving before the men's event so I hope people can keep me updated on that and the gala. Also, does anyone know of any organised meet and greets? I am literally half way across the world just for this event ><
    Hope to see many of you there!!!

Elle

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elle_e View Post
    Hello everyone
    I've been in NYC for nearly a week and heading for Boston tomorrow afternoon. The U.S is so confusing for me, but I'm getting the hang of it!! I'm leaving before the men's event so I hope people can keep me updated on that and the gala. Also, does anyone know of any organised meet and greets? I am literally half way across the world just for this event ><
    Hope to see many of you there!!!

Elle
    A schedule for autograph sessions (Thu-Sun) with top seniors and juniors is here:

Hope you have a great time, Elle.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast