Let's compare Yu-na and Mao's long programs this season.. | Golden Skate

Let's compare Yu-na and Mao's long programs this season..

wootie

Match Penalty
So it's a bit hard to make a full comparison seeing as Yuna has only skated her long program once this year and, well, she didn't skate it to the best of her ability. But assuming both Mao and Yuna skate their long programs with speed, integrity and feeling, which program do you think is a)more difficult technically and b) more interesting in terms of choreography? Clearly they are skating to two very different pieces of music and, thus, their programs will definitely evoke different feelings in the viewer. But I'd like to hear what people think (OBJECTIVELY) about the content of their programs in comparison with one another.

Ambivalent

On the Ice
Objectively :laugh:

My opinion is that if both skated it to the best of their ability, they would essentially tie. I won't lie though, Yuna is my favourite skater and I think she chose a good vehicle, something different to what we normally see from her. For my liking, she is probably more versatile than Mao, who I wish had chosen to do more challenging or left-of-field programs. I feel that artistically Mao is a bit limited - she does light, airy and lyrical so well but I would have wanted something different for Olys.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Of course Mao's program is technically more challenging (8 triples or two 3As!), but I think that Yu-Na's is more challenging choreography-wise, because it's something different from what she's done recently, when Mao's FS is similar to her past programs; on the other side, Yu-Na's layout is always the same and she's not really challenging herself, technically (she isn't attempting the 3Lo, she just keeps doing what she can do well). I don't really love any of their programs, for me the best programs this season are Akiko's SP, Julia's FS and Sotnikova's SP...