Thread: For Sale: A Pair of Sochi Olympics Ladies FINAL Skate + Medal Cermony

Rinkside

For Sale: A Pair of Sochi Olympics Ladies FINAL Skate + Medal Cermony

Hi all!

I'm trying to sell my sochi olympics figure skating tickets as my wife and I have just found out that we are expecting It's a little bittersweet for us since she's a big fan of Yuna Kim and we were looking forward to see her skate before she retires after Sochi.

Figure Skating - Ladies FINAL Free Skate + Medal Ceremony

Saturday, 20th Feb 2014, 7:00 PM - 11:10 PM
    Category: B
    Price: $350USD per ticket (originally $425USD from Cosport australia)
    Number of Tickets: 2

Note: These tickets must be picked up in Sochi by a resident or citizen of Australia. This condition might be relaxed if I am able to persuade Cosport, but as of now it is what it is.

Please send me a private message for more details.

-Steve

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by stktung View Post
    Hi all!

I'm trying to sell my sochi olympics figure skating tickets as my wife and I have just found out that we are expecting It's a little bittersweet for us since she's a big fan of Yuna Kim and we were looking forward to see her skate before she retires after Sochi.

Note: These tickets must be picked up in Sochi by a resident or citizen of Australia. This condition might be relaxed if I am able to persuade Cosport, but as of now it is what it is.

-Steve
    I would be interested to buy 1 ticket, but I'm not a citizen/resident of Australia (I'm from Finland). I already have tickets to several figure skating events in Sochi but would like to see ladies FS too.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    I would be interested to buy 1 ticket, but I'm not a citizen/resident of Australia (I'm from Finland). I already have tickets to several figure skating events in Sochi but would like to see ladies FS too.
    Unfortunately these tickets can only be picked up by a citizen/resident of Australia. If you know an Australian friend, I can also transfer the ticket so that he/her can pick it up for you.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    As far as I know, you can only sell tickets to Fan to Fan site of sochi2014,even the Cosport ones, this is where I bought my Pairs FS tickets. Otherwise the tickets will be on your name, with a spectator pass of another name and it is complicated enought to enter Arenas already.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    As far as I know, you can only sell tickets to Fan to Fan site of sochi2014,even the Cosport ones, this is where I bought my Pairs FS tickets. Otherwise the tickets will be on your name, with a spectator pass of another name and it is complicated enought to enter Arenas already.
    It is understandable that there will be confusion regarding ticket reselling since it is not really encouraged by Olympics Committee for the right reasons - to maintain the Olympic experience. Thankfully, Cosport has processes in place for individuals like myself to transfer my tickets due to expected reasons (such as medical in our case). I've actually had a series of conversations with a sales manager at Cosport and here's what I've gathered:

Firstly, Cosport allows you to designate a proxy to pickup the tickets at Sochi, provided that you have prove of a medical condition such that you can not attend anymore and will like to transfer the ticket to another individual. This individual however, must be a resident or citizen of where the ticket was purchased from (in my case Australia).

Secondly, as long as you have a spectator pass, you can enter the event venue with any ticket i.e. the ticket is not tied to any name.

This can be verified by any customer support rep in Cosport so for those interested, I will recommend you to verify these information yourself with Cosport.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Secondly, as long as you have a spectator pass, you can enter the event venue with any ticket i.e. the ticket is not tied to any name.
    I dont think so. From Sochi site

7. Transfer, resale and use of Tickets
    7.1. Tickets shall not be purchased or obtained from or through any person other than directly from one of Sochi 2014 Authorized Sources . Tickets purchased or obtained from or through persons other than Sochi 2014 Authorized Sources in accordance with these Terms and Conditions shall be VOID and may be SEIZED or CANCELLED WITHOUT REFUND OR ENTRY TO A SESSION.
    7.2. Tickets, used for advertising, promotion, fundraising or marketing purposes without the authorization of Sochi2014, IOC or any third parties, appointed by them or for other financial/ non-financial purposes by any means not directly foreseen by the Terms and Conditions and the legislation of the Russian Federation (except for gift) shall be void and may be seized or cancelled without refund or entry to a Session. Such cases are considered illegal and shall be prosecuted in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation.
    7.3. Tickets purchased by the Purchaser may only be used by the Purchaser and a family member, friend or colleague who is known to the Purchaser personally and who is intended to accompany the Purchaser to a Session. The transfer of a purchased Ticket by a Purchaser in this manner shall not contravene clauses 7.1., 7.2., and 7.3 PROVIDED THAT:
    7.3.1 Such a transfer takes place without payment or benefit in excess of the Ticket nominal price;
    7.3.2 Such a transfer is subject to these Terms and Conditions.
    7.4. Tickets may be sold by a Purchaser to a third party via the Sochi 2014 Ticket Resale Website ONLY (Clause 4.4. hereby).

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I dont think so. From Sochi site
    These tickets were purchased from Cosport and not from the Sochi site so I am not sure if it applies. Either way, I have confirmation from a sales manager in Cosport that the tickets are not tied to any person and anyone with the ticket and a spectator pass can enter the event venue.

If anyone like would to verify, feel free to contact any customer support in Cosport and if the answer is any different then I'd like to know too!

Custom Title
    So does it still apply that one has to be resident/citizen of Australia?

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    So does it still apply that one has to be resident/citizen of Australia?
    Unfortunately, yes it does.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by stktung View Post
    Hi all!

-Steve
    Hi all,

The tickets have been sold!

Rinkside
    Hello, we have several great figure skating tickets for the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games!

If interested in any let me know, we some other events too!

Here is the list:
    Figure Skating
    OFS03 Team M/W Free . Feb-09 C
    OFS05 Pairs Free . Feb-12 C
    OFS07 Men's Free . Feb-14 B
    OFS09 Ice Dance Free . Feb-17 C
    OFS10 Ladies Short . Feb-19 C
    OFS11 Ladies Free . Feb-20 B
    OFS12 Gala Ex. . Feb-22 C