Practice Videos - 2014 Russian Nationals | Golden Skate

Practice Videos - 2014 Russian Nationals

hanca

Record Breaker
Alena Leonova SP (*New ) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXtImIM26R0 she's in good shape, might spoil for Euros

She is in a good shape in the SP, because you don't need so much stamina and you can do the jumps that are your strongest. Let's wait for the FS. Last year she struggled with her edge jumps, mainly Salchow and Loop. While she can avoid doing them in the SP, it may be difficult to avoid them in the FS.

koheikun90

On the Ice
Plushy's FS music is very bizarre. Sounds like a medley of his greatest hits. I guess only a champion like him can pull it off. :)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
What is Leonova trying to do with this SP? Since most of her competitors are almost children, she's presenting a childish program? :laugh: Anyway, it works well for her, and her 3-3 looked good

hanca

Record Breaker
Come on! Tuktamysheva is not great at this moment, but she will beat Leonova! She is definitely not as bad as that!

But agree that top 5 finish will be a tall order, especially when I expect her to be beaten by Lipnitskaya, Radionova, Sotnikova, Pogorilaya and all three JGP finalists. (Sotskova chosen not to compete at the nationals, so only three JGP finalists will probably beat Tuktamysheva).

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
What is Leonova trying to do with this SP? Since most of her competitors are almost children, she's presenting a childish program? :laugh: Anyway, it works well for her, and her 3-3 looked good

Her 3-3 looks quite good! And I like the fun feel to her skate. However, somebody should tell her that just because it's Christmas she doesn't need to dress like a wrapped present.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Radionova doesn't miss a beat! She also changed her 3loop in the SP to be a 3flip. Smart move.

Since she is too young for Worlds/Europeans, she was likely going to junior Worlds. I believe in juniors the 3Loop is the required jump, so it could just be that she was practicing that layout so she would have it down solid for junior worlds.

LRK

Record Breaker
It's funny how people are moaning about Liza's going back to her old SP - seeing as I recall barely anyone had anything good to say about her new one... So, either these are the only people who loved it - or else, why would you care that she ditched it?

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
No~~ I really don't want to hear this piece of music again. I would rather she goes back to her SP in her last junior year.

What's wrong with Anna Karenina? I think the music suits Elena Radionova well. She's so light and airy so the music plays to her strengths, much better than her choice of music for her LP.