Thread: Belorussian Nationals

Custom Title

Belorussian Nationals

Entries, results, protocols
    http://www.figure.skating.by/competi...1221/index.htm

There are some interesting skaters. Pavel Ignatenko has 3A and is European level skater.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Makeyenka skated a decent SP as well. I don't remember her name from any international competitions, though so I wonder whether she has the minimum scores for Euros should she win Nationals. Toruń is relatively close to Belarus so I guess she can make a late entry to Mentor Nestle Toruń Cup if necessary.

Ignatenko is indeed a very decent skater. It's strange he didn't add a combination to his solo jump after falling on the lutz but then, maybe the landing wasn't perfect.

All skaters competing are from 4 cities only (Minsk, Gomel, Vitebsk and Brest) with the vast majority coming from Minsk, some from Gomel and hardly any from anywhere else.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Makeyenka skated a decent SP as well. I don't remember her name from any international competitions
    Mentor Nestle Nesquik Torun Cup 2013 Torun 2013-01-10 - 2013-01-13
    http://www.pfsa.com.pl/results/2012/MNNTC13/index.htm
    Junior Ladies 8th place.

Thanks. She didn't meet the Euros minimum scores then. I guess she'll take part again next year.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Thanks. She didn't meet the Euros minimum scores then. I guess she'll take part again next year.
    Dar'ya BATURA (champion) was at two JGP Events this season. At both she was 22nd.

So at this point Belarus doesn't have a lady with the minimum Euros scores it seems. Maybe Batura and Makeyenka will both go to Toruń. We will see.

Former Junior champs Kovaleva/Belyaev have beaten their older rivals, Volodenkova/Vakunov for the Ice Dance title.

ETA: Yes, both Ladies will be in Toruń so they'll get a chance to earn the minimum points.

Custom Title
    Belorussian Junior and Novice Nationals 31 Jan - 02 Feb 2014.
    http://www.figure.skating.by/competi...ship-20140131/ - starting orders and results.