Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Olympic and ISU Championships Teams

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Interesting that they passed Mura for Tanaka.

I guess Reeds refused 4CC in order to focus on preparation for the Olympics?
    Tanaka will age out of juniors next season. He'll get valuable experience and world ranking points by skating at these events. With veterans retiring, they'll start focusing on young prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC518 View Post
    So happy Takahashi has qualified for the Olympics! Japan brings three strong male skaters! I will be shocked if none makes the podium
    I thought the same about Worlds 2013. The ice is a harsh mistress.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    So happy for Dai. If he's well enough he'll have the chance to really say goodbye to his fans in Sochi.

Dai will likely withdraw from Worlds...so at least Kozuka will be in a good spot to medal there.
    I don't think Dai will withdraw from Worlds because the Worlds is held in Japan.

Medalist
    Life isn't fair; I feel for Oda and Kozuka. As much as I like Dai's skating if things were just he would not podium at the Olympics. But life isn't fair and I predict he will while poor Oda and Kozuka have to watch from some Japanese made tv at home or worse a Korean made tv. Dai is so so so lucky they didn't even stop him from going to world's. Let see if the skating god's will bring justice?

The Korean vs Japanese thing is so disgusting. like stop

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
    I don't think Dai will withdraw from Worlds because the Worlds is held in Japan.
    That's possible, but hasn't Daisuke said that he is retiring after Sochi? Or was that just Mao?

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Srin Odessa View Post
    Tanaka will age out of juniors next season. He'll get valuable experience and world ranking points by skating at these events. With veterans retiring, they'll start focusing on young prospects.
    But Mura getting nothing is weird. His season practically ends.

Custom Title
    I've heard Keiji Tanaka's mother is a Taiwanese.
    Maybe Taiwanese federation "wanted" him for 4CC in Taipei.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC518 View Post
    So happy Takahashi has qualified for the Olympics! Japan brings three strong male skaters! I will be shocked if none makes the podium
    the worst nightmare of 99% of this forum

Custom Title
    Nobunari Oda announced his retirement.
    So Mura will get the 4CC spot.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Sad for Oda, but he's been around since forever and well....it has to end some day. I think the biggest nightmare of this forum would be Machida winning OGM instead of Hanyu, Chan or even Plushenko. Actually I would like to see that happen for the reactions only. And the possibility is there.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Nobunari Oda announced his retirement.
    So Mura will get the 4CC spot.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There I was happily going through this thread thinking "YES! Japan are sending a strong team to everything that's coming up!!!

And then I see this.

First Liza finishes only 9th in the Russian Ladies SP, and then reading this.

Talk about spoiling a guy's Christmas!

I really like Nobu, and I was absolutely delighted with how he did in Nationals. He was just very unfortunate to get pushed off the podium in the closing stages by 2 brilliant performances by Machida and Kozuka.

I would have loved to see Oda go out on a high at an international championship. Let's face it, with the way he has been skating lately, he would probably have got on the podium at 4 Continents.

But, at least now he will get to spend more time with his family rather than training as much.

You have entertained us well over the years, and deserve a happy retirement.

Good luck for the future Nobunari-san!

CaroLiza_fan

EDIT: And good luck in 4 Continents, Takahito-san! I was with everybody else and couldn't understand why you hadn't been picked for anything!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Can anyone image Takahashi been left off the Olympic team? If he were in US, he will. Isn't the Japanese way of selecting team members better than the US way?
    The US way isn't better but the Japanese way kinda sucks too. They should have had a skate off at 4CC. Dai being allowed to compete after such a horrible nationals is almost as bad as Plu thinking he deserves to compete in the team event with his Nationals LP. Although at least Dai has competed internationally and on the GP this year.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Dai being allowed to compete after such a horrible nationals is almost as bad as Plu thinking he deserves to compete in the team event with his Nationals LP
    Well, at least Daisuke didn't get off the ice and immediately said: OK guys. Here's what I've decided will happen:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3