2014 Mentor Nestle Nesquik Toruń Cup - 08-11/01 - Toruń, Poland | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Mentor Nestle Nesquik Toruń Cup - 08-11/01 - Toruń, Poland

patinage_adulte

On the Ice
In Senior Ladies SP, Marta Garcia has made the Euros TES. :)

She already have the TES score for the short !!!!
miss her only the free ... wait and see tomorrow

but it's new for the Belarussian girl : Janina MAKEENKA BLR (21.76)
the other Belarussian Kristina ZAKHARANKA is only substitute for the moment for Euro but have the TES score

so tomorrow we know for Garcia and Makeenka or Zakharanka ...

Country
Russia
but it's new for the Belarussian girl : Janina MAKEENKA BLR (21.76)
the other Belarussian Kristina ZAKHARANKA is only substitute for the moment for Euro but have the TES score
Belarussians wrote that Janina MAKEENKA is stronger skater than Kristina ZAKHARANKA. So they want Janina MAKEENKA to earn minimum TES in FS also.

Dramahkween

On the Ice
What is the benefit of denying a skater from a country which has just begun developing its skating programme an opportunity to compete at the European Championships? Because of 0.03 points... Honestly. :mad:

100% agreed...

Country
Russia
What is the benefit of denying a skater from a country which has just begun developing its skating programme an opportunity to compete at the European Championships? Because of 0.03 points... Honestly. :mad:
Addition - skater with nice skating, only jumps are her real problem.

Protocols for today are up.

In Senior Ladies SP, Golovkina fell on the second jump in her 3toe/3toe combination, landed a 3loop and a 2axel. Montalbano had a clean SP with 3toe/2toe, 3salchow and 2axel. Kryger landed the toe and salchow but singled the axel, damn. :( Fjodorova who has been on a real downward slope lately, landed two triples, that is good to see.

Grigorieva/Maestu didn't make it. They got 18.87 and they needed 20 (unless they had SP and needed FS only). It looks like they had a near fall on the throw 3salchow, plus some negative GOE on other elements. I remember somebody saying they are in it for the long run. It's just their first season together. I hope they stick with it and earn it next season.

Pribylova/Admiralovs, competing in Juniors, got over 20 points in TES.

Over in Junior Men, Samohin is a great showman and Bustamante is just a lovely skater with an overall package. Gala totally bombed. To think that just a couple of weeks ago, he skated really well at 4 Nationals landing the 3axel. He blew all three jumping passes here. :( Gurtler who was last fell twice but he rotated two triples and that's the first time I've seen him do that, I think.

Poor Kukowski who finished last in Novice Boys fell 5 times.

Addition - skater with nice skating, only jumps are her real problem.

Peters' relative skill level might be low but she skates with a real joy and always gives it her 110%.

Mentalopes

Rinkside
Ziggy Grigorieva and Maestu already have the minim TES score in the SP, they need the minim score in the FS, as Marta Garcia!

Fantastic news for all three (well, four) skaters/teams earning the minimum scores! It will be great to see them at the European Championships. :)

OMG, Kryger got another gold medal!!! And in fantastic style too. She has really come into her own this season. I am so happy, I always believed she had it in her. I have followed her skating since she was in Novice. I remember watching a practice session in Toruń years ago and seeing this really spunky girl, landing loads of doubles. She has comfortably made the Worlds FS score here, unfortunately she is 1.04 away from the SP score (2013 Warsaw Cup). If only she can skate a clean SP at Euros, she should be able to nail it. I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Congrats to Montalbano as well. Garcia not only made the scores for Euros but also bagged herself an international medal. Ouch for Golovkina. Leader after SP, five falls (I assume) in the FS.

I am disappointed Hurtado/Diaz didn't get the highest PCS, given how wonderful their FD is. One of the two best FDs this season, IMO, alongside "Hitchock."

And it's all over with Junior gold medals for Ukraine and Israel (x2). Schreiber is going for a 3salchow/3toe combination, good for her.

Kaliszek/Kurbakov made a costly mistake again. :( Fall on the twizzles.

Robin26

Rinkside
Thanks Ziggy ! Congrats to all winners. So happy for The winners. So nice to see Montalbano and Kryger encouraging each other off ice as well as on.