A Female Skater Who Has Everything, Is It Possible? | Golden Skate

A Female Skater Who Has Everything, Is It Possible?

ks777

Record Breaker
big jumps,
skating skills ok - not loving her bent and weak ankles in skating,
nice speed
lack of flexibility
mostly an expression of only 1 facial type involving frowning of eyebrows

overall not perfect
lol

BounceAround

On the Ice

This is off-topic, but I've been very impressed with Shizuka's commitment to her professional skating. Although I often dislike her music selections, her performances throughout the past 8(!) seasons have always been highly polished. It is obvious she trains hard and takes exhibitions very seriously. She even does triple-triples sometimes. Last year, she did a triple-flip-triple-toe at one of the shows where she performed "Mambo" with Daisuke.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
big jumps,
nice speed
lack of flexibility

overall not perfect

Her toe point is about the only thing you have here. Her expression is way more varied than what you say. But I take everything you say with a grain of salt.

macy

Record Breaker
Yuna basically sums it up

Could have been alissa if she had jump consistency and a triple triple. She had everything else.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
big jumps,
nice speed
lack of flexibility

overall not perfect

I actually like your overall rating. For someone who was not a figure skating fan when Kwan was active, the qualities I appreciate about Kwan most are her consistency and fluid skating. The sports is definitely moving forward and so many top skaters now have passed her in several areas.

My dream skater who "has it all"=Yuna's jumps + Julia's flexibility + Akiko's performance.

Some of the current Russian skaters may get close to my ideal in some years.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Right now, Kim is probably the closest - she is "strong" in every area with no particular weaknesses, and she has the mental strength to deliver clean skates when it really counts.

But if I start picking apart individual aspects, I wouldn't say she is "perfect", or the best at all of them. For certain aspects, there are other female skaters who are better.

Also, no female skater has even attempted a quad in competition since Ando 10 years ago, have they? And only Asada continues to attempt the 3A, and not very successfully.

To answer the question - yes, anything is possible. But right now, I wouldn't say any female skater has "everything".

It would take Kim's jumps, skating skills, speed, mental strength and consistency... Czisny's spins... Asada's form, steps, lightness, gracefulness and rock-steady spirals... Korpi's elegance... Lipnitskaia's gymnastics and athletics... Suzuki's expressiveness... personality like Misha Ge (I'm having to resort to male examples :p)... passion like Hanyu's 2012 WC... the ability to land clean 3A's and/or quads...etc etc. (Yes, I'm sure there are better examples than these).

I don't mean all of that (and more) could be wrapped up into a single FS at once - just that a skater with "everything" would be capable of doing all of those things, better than anyone else, when they wanted to. And I don't think any current female skater has all of those capabilities.

jennyanydots

On the Ice
I would have to answer no. Nature wasn't meant to be perfect. I think Yuna, Michelle, Shizuka and Kristi Yamaguchi come closest but all of them have deficiencies in some areas.